Ever been afraid to paint??

Darlene.

Have you ever been afraid to paint your house? :)

Should I paint it this color or that color? :o

If I paint it this color and I don't like it should I repaint it or just let it go and live with it?

What if the house is for some one else as a gift and then you find out after the fact that they hate that color?

Why does paint come in so many colors? :yes:

Why isn't it easy just to pick out some kind of nuetral color and be satisfied with it, wether it's for yourself or some one else?

Is this the most stupidist question yet?

OMG just can't decide.

How do you choose your paint?

Why is this taking over my life? :)

Please write back, I'm at the moment color desicion challenged.

Thankyou for any help in advance

ROFL - I just had this conversation with myself last night (well, not the part about for someone else since it is for me) but I also had to ask "will this color go with the bricks I bought?" and "does it really need to coordinate with the bricks?" and "how many colors on one house is too many?" :yes:

I guess for me it was easy, I just used paint that I already knew I liked having painted rooms of my real house with them. I like the paints that change color with the sun during the day. You've probably already looked at photos of houses on line to get color combination ideas, and look to see what others have done. The bottom line is..what do you like? Pick one color that you really like a lot and build on that. If you are doing this house for someone else, pick a color they already have.

i like using a web site that helps you to decide what color to use like /www.sherwin-williams.com/do_it_yourself/paint_colors/visualizer/ its for real houses but it dose work in a pinch

Fortunately for me, that's the last thing I worry about . . . if I paint it and don't like it, I just repaint it - no big thing for me. Also, if I make something for someone else and they don't like the color, same deal . . . just repaint it. I worry more about things that can be a problem to re-do - like a staircase or lighting.

I am my worst critic.!! So yes, I have been afraid to paint... I am not good at matching colors. But I also know if it does not look right to me then I can repaint it, and I rely on this group to tell me what they think of my color choices.!!

kellee

I like to pick up the little pamphlets in the paint store that show groupings of colors ... a whole palette that sets a theme. Sometimes they have cute titles, like "A Shade Borrowed from Nature" or "The Gentle Hint of Color".

I like having the samples of color in hand, so I can get up close and personal with them in the dollhouse. Even if I'm not going to buy that brand of paint, it's possible to tint a white with acrylics for pastels or mix a color from craft acrylics.

If I don't like it? Repaint!

I only have one house in progress to date and I had no problem with the colour. As others have said I painted it a colour I like and I haven't regretted it for one minute. I agree though that you can get hung up on some stuff, like tackling a new bit of work that is quite big can be daunting and I find myself putting it off. When I actually bite the bullet though I just get on with it. I was like this with the paperclay thing. I bought this stuff called papier maché powder about 8 months ago and the thought of actually starting it was scarey so it stayed in the loft. I finally got on with it last week. So if you are feeling that way about the paint, go for a colour you like and remember that it is not a problem if you change your mind - just repaint. I bet there's no-one on here who can claim to get everything right first time.

yes,i have been afraid.... very afraid (to paint my house).

the dollhouse is in my livingroom so i wanted the outside to match the other colours in my rl room.

i had sleepless nights over it.

but you know, the other repliers are right.

you can always repaint.

as for painting something as a gift, i would probably try to get some info first on what colour the receiver likes.

I know that I can always repaint, not really a big deal.

But this project is for my eldest son (sh........that's a secret, it's for his 20th Birthday in Oct.), who has been watching me build this house and he has suggested bricks, top to bottom. My opinion to him was that it would be too much brick and perhaps some board and batten as well. He almost agreed but the bricks would have to match the color of the paint.

You know bottom three inches all the way around done in brick and the from three inches up board and batten.

I thought that that would look really nice. We'll see.

Thanks to all who have given their advise, I normally don't have this problem in picking colors for paint. It usually just comes to me. But this house is very special as they all are.

Thanks again,

Dar

I assume y'all are talking about the outside of the dh. I've been having fits over the inside! Wallpaper vs P aint -- if it's wallpaper, attractive but not too busy; if it's paint, will it look okay or will it look shabby. In RL I'm not that fond of wallpaper, but it does give a nice touch to a dh.

Oh me oh my -- I feel your pain!! :o

Oh yes I have messed around forever trying to decide on paint colors and can't decide so it takes me forever to get started. I am now thinking about building the buttercup and it says yellow BUT I already have two yellow houses! lol

That's my thing too!

I like blue, okay most shades of blue and I have many different colors of blue. But as this house is not for me and for my son (he still lives at home) I wanted to make sure that it not only fit his style I wanted to make sure that it fit the house style.

Re paiting really isn't and issue, if he doesn't like it I will repaint, if I don't like it I will repaint, if the color doesn't go with the house I will repaint. I don't mind painting I just want to get the right color.

Oh decisions, decisions, decisions................

Thank you for not letting me think that I' the only one out there, in here who has a hard time sometimes with this :o

Here somebody else with 'painting cold water feet'. For my Westville and Willowcrest it was easy, but ..... for my Garfield I really don't know what to do. Repainting is no option, because it be a complete different style, and so much work that I have to made the right choice. And I still don't know what to do after I think about a year or so :o .

I'm soo afraid to paint it's awful!!! I basically have to commit to a color palette and just do it with my eyes closed...it typically turns out exactly how I planned and I'm happy...but it takes a lot of go-back-and-forth with myself on the decision making...

I try to find examples of the house with the colors I want on it or how other people have used color and how it looks...it helps me visualize it...I google A LOT!!! :o

I had no trouble at all choosing the colors for my Beacon Hill, however I have no idea how it will turn out but I'm not afraid to paint. If I don't like it I will simply repaint. My issue is do I paint my siding before I attach it to the house or after, or do I lay my flooring before I attach my stairs or after and things like that .I am really struggling with these types of decisions. I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and just do what first comes to mind and hope it all turns out, live and learn right? If at first you don't succeed try again!! This is my motto and I'm sticking to it!! LOL