A traveling doll.

SMarieCarlson

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it's almost time for me to send Celeste on to the next person. I was hoping for at least one sunny day this week so I could take her out for some pictures around town, but it has rained every single day. I live in Bristol and the race is in town - and with it always seems to come the rain! We may just have to do some more fun stuff inside before she leaves :banana:

Jessie and I have exchanged several e-mails this week. Yesterday she let me know that Celeste is on her way.

Whoo-hoo! I can't wait - well actually, I hope that I can get the dollhouse cleaned up in time for arrival. I am online now while waiting the for paint to dry. Isn't that the way - those jobs you put off until company is coming. I'm putting baseboards in her bedroom, but realized that I'm out of crown molding. Fortunately, Celeste doesn't seem the least bit snobbish.

I hope that she'll enjoy her stay in California.

:wave:

Celeste is here!

She was glad to get out of the box and get a little fresh air.

She got here much sooner than I expected; I had hoped to have the weekend to do some more sprucing up - Oh well.

I thought it was interesting that my husband and sons, who had been rolling their eyes and telling me I was loony ever since I told them that Celeste was on the way were looking over my shoulder, anxious to see her, as soon as her box arrived.

So she has met the family, had a nap, unpacked and settled into her room. We're having a quiet weekend, but I'll try to post regularly. There are a couple more pics in my gallery.

post-4366-1283146820_thumb.jpg

Celeste had a quiet day today. She slept in and had a leisurely breakfast.

She mentioned how disappointed Jessie was that it rained so much while she was in Tennessee, so she spent much of the day out in the sunshine. After eating breakfast on the terrace, she explored the yard, where she found every flower that was in bloom.

More pictures in my gallery.

:wave:post-4366-1283232039_thumb.jpg

Celeste went into school with me today. She enjoyed it, but agreed that middle-schoolers can be very noisy.

She's planning to stay up late tonight working on her genealogical research.

More pics in my gallery.

Due to a change in schedule for some hosts, Celeste's path has been changed. After janet she will be heading to Elsbeth, Rhonda, then SexyFeet then home. Please let me know if this change is alright.

post-4366-1283323937_thumb.jpg

Today Celeste stayed home and did some work on her computer while I went in to school. She says that she may have found some leads on a local connection to her heritage - we'll keep you posted if we learn anything definite.

In the meantime, Celeste busied herself helping me with some projects around the house. She is a very willing and able worker and I was certainly glad to have her help!

More pics in my gallery.

:D

post-4366-1283401399_thumb.jpg

Celeste had another quiet day, but she is quite excited because her diligent research has found her an answer; she has located a local woman who knew her grandparents. This weekend we'll be heading into San Francisco to meet her - and maybe do a little sight-seeing.

So, more to follow, but I have to get through the work week first!

:D

Oh my, I was so excited to be the next one on the list to host Celeste and had so many plans for her!! I am dissappointed that her schedule has changed, September would have been a much better month for her to visit here. Now I am going to have to get creative with my plans for her when she finally does arrive as there isn't much to see or do in the winter months.

Maybe I will just remove the person who opted out and keep the schedule the way it was... I totally forgot that there were people who agreed to pay the over seas. Sorry guys... I'm just brainstorming I guess... so yeah.. I will just keep the schedule the way it is....

I may be way too late to be on this whole traveling doll thing....but I just browsed thru some of the pics from Celeste's visit to CA and thought she might enjoy a juant thru Lancaster County Amish Country in Pennsylvania! :D

Let me know if I can still be in the list!!

your mini friend in PA-

Jackie

Hi there,

I just read about the schedule and it sounds fine with me.

I am out for the holiday and back on Sept 7th, so anytime after that is great.

I cannot wait to show Celeste my Portland Foursquare dollhouse! And introduce her to Emma, too!