A traveling doll.

SMarieCarlson

O, I'm so jalous, I have visit the website of Earth & Tree about a year ago and I was so impressed, Celeste is a lucky girl. It sounds that she has wonderful days at your place, I'm looking forward to the shots.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My apologies. Celeste arrived at a rather unfortunate time for me, as I was very sick and had just lost my job, so a few things have had to come first. She's only here for a couple more days though, so look forward to a blog or two from her, as well as some pictures, in the very near future!

Celeste and I are heading out to Earth & Tree today for a visit and to browse their 1/2 scale collection. I stopped there right before she arrived to pick up a gift for her, and one of the women mentioned that she hoped I could bring Celeste back to visit, so here we go - we're also going to my parents' house today because my mother has a craft project she needs me to finish before my grandparents' anniversary this weekend, and I'll see if I can get some shots of Celeste meeting the goats! :blink:

Tomorrow (when it's not so hot out!) we're going to visit some of the historic places around town here, so look forward to a blog about that before she ships out on Thursday to go visit Bre!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having such a rough time lately - remember your Greenleaf friends are always here if you need support!

It sounds like you've got a lot of fun things planned for Celeste - I'm excited to see your pictures :sleep_1:

My apologies. Celeste arrived at a rather unfortunate time for me, as I was very sick and had just lost my job, so a few things have had to come first. She's only here for a couple more days though, so look forward to a blog or two from her, as well as some pictures, in the very near future!

So sorry to hear that you have been having such a rough time, I hope things start looking up for you very soon!! I can't wait to see pictures from your visit with celeste, I hope you have been able to have some fun with her during her visit with you!! Hugs!! :blink:

I have been checking everyday, and nothing yet. I hope all is well! :laughbounce: It would sure be nice to see some pictures and to know if she made it to her next destination safely!

All IS well, at last! I am solidly on my job hunt, but this weekend has been nuts. My grandparents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this past weekend, and after telling me she had everything under control, my mother dumped a lot of the last-minute things on me, so I've been busy!

Anyway, Celeste's blog from her visit to New Hampshire is up, along with links to the pictures which can also be found in an album in my gallery. If anyone doesn't have the link right with them, it's http://travelwithceleste.blogspot.com/

Enjoy! I can't wait to see her pictures and read her stories from her next stops :laughbounce:

Yay, pictures!

Abbe, the pictures are terrific. It's so good to see that Celeste's trip is going well.

It looks as though she had a good time in New Hampshire; I hope that she has a good trip to Maryland.

:laughbounce:

Celeste arrived yesterday evening to the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia)!! She was introduced to the Roberts Family and then retired for the evening.

The Roberts were all so excited to see Celeste (especially the little ones, Damoni and DJ) and had so much to tell her and show her!! They knew she had a tad bit of jet lag, so they only told her bits and pieces of the things they have in store for her to do/see: a trip to the U.S. Attorney's Office (for the District of Columbia), a visit to the White House, a visit to the Pentagon & the Air Force Memorial, a visit to the Washington Monument, and a few other places along the way!!

Stay tuned to her blog for photos and commentaries!! :laughbounce:

Wow, it sounds that Celeste will get some crazy days, looking forward to photo's and will be watching her Blog as a dog :laughbounce:

Oh, I wish she could drop by and see my son! He's at the AFB there in Alexandria, I think...isn't that the one right in DC? Anyway he's the AF equivalent of an air traffic controller, would sure be fun if she could go there!

So glad to hear that Celeste arrived safely.

Wow! It sounds as tough you have some great plans for Celeste, and you'll have some terrific photo opportunities. I expect to see some amazing pictures. :laughbounce:

Oh, I wish she could drop by and see my son! He's at the AFB there in Alexandria, I think...isn't that the one right in DC? Anyway he's the AF equivalent of an air traffic controller, would sure be fun if she could go there!

Sherry! Is it Andrews AFB or Bolling AFB? He's an Air Traffic Controller in the Air Force? Oh wow!! What a great career field! I was a paralegal stationed at Bolling for a short period of time and I knew some Air Traffic Controllers. They are the BEST. That would be really cool if Celeste could get onto Bolling and visit the Air Traffic Control Tower!!! But you know, they've gotten so STRICT with security on the bases now. Wonder if we could get her a visitor's pass? Stay tuned...

Lol, sad but I don't know which one!He's only been there a month. I'll write and ask him on his FB page, and maybe we can figure something out. He's a honey and would be glad to meet with you all...on top of which he is gorgeous and photographs well....not that I'm biased of course! :pcwhack:

Celeste went to the US Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia (USAO-DC) to work with Breyanna and Bre on yesterday! Celeste had quite a day yesterday!! Check out my gallery to see her adventures!

Celeste's Arrival Celeste's Day One

http://www.justice.gov/usao/dc/

Enjoy!!

Great pictures, Bre; thanks for the update!

The Roberts seem like very nice people - and they have a very nice house. I'm sure that Celeste will enjoy her stay.

Looks as tough she was a great help at work. And who's that good-looking serviceman whose picture is on your computer?

:pcwhack:

Neat photos! I hear it's already hot up there, just talked to my DIL. She says that where Chris works is not actually on the base, and because of what they do, no visitors! Too bad, he's pretty good about doing things like that for his Mom. if I get a chance to talk to him, I'll ask him for sure, though. But apparently no tours of where they work!

Well, I talked to my son this morning. He thinks it sounds like fun! If you will call him and set up a time, he says he will come out and get the doll and take her inside and take some photos. You can't come in and he can't photograph certain things in there, but he will get pictures and she can say she's the only civilian who got to come in! And he's at Bolling, nearly forgot to tell you that! So if you want to do it, call him today or tomorrow when he's off, or just leave a message and he'll get back to you. I'll PM you his phone number right now.

Well, I talked to my son this morning. He thinks it sounds like fun! If you will call him and set up a time, he says he will come out and get the doll and take her inside and take some photos. You can't come in and he can't photograph certain things in there, but he will get pictures and she can say she's the only civilian who got to come in! And he's at Bolling, nearly forgot to tell you that! So if you want to do it, call him today or tomorrow when he's off, or just leave a message and he'll get back to you. I'll PM you his phone number right now.

Thanks so much Sherry! This sounds like a plan! Celeste is having a good time. Her weekend was already spent, so I will call your son on tomorrow! I sure hope he can still get her in!!

Here's more photos from Celeste's weekend! Day 2 (Monument & Pentagon)

Thanks so much Sherry! This sounds like a plan! Celeste is having a good time. Her weekend was already spent, so I will call your son on tomorrow! I sure hope he can still get her in!!

Here's more photos from Celeste's weekend! Day 2 (Monument & Pentagon)

He said if it went to voice mail, just to leave a message and he'll call you back on his break. I think he's on 4 hrs, off 4, or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so many of you know that I was planning on using the orchid I had originally bought for Celeste as Santa's Workshop. Yeah... its officially going back to Celeste's House. Now I don't know how she will feel about the news but she is going to have to live with it for a while especially since Jacob is going to be here to take over the building.

Celeste is on her way to JoMed as we speak. I hope she is having fun.