A traveling doll.

SMarieCarlson

post-4366-1283565655_thumb.jpg

Of course Celeste is much too nice to complain, but I was afraid that she was getting bored sitting home so much, so I took her out to visit one of our local wineries.

She enjoyed it, and if there's time I'll take her out to see others, but it was hot day today and she was also glad to get home to a cool bath. :)

More pics in my gallery.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-4366-1283813948_thumb.jpg

Celeste and I took a little trip into San Francisco yesterday. I had to make it a quick trip because yesterday was the day that my husband had decided to start painting the house, and we needed to be home in time to help.

Celeste thought that Greenleafers might be interested in pictures of handsome Victorian houses :o so we stopped and took pictures of Postcard Row and some of the neighboring homes.

Then we went to see the Golden Gate Bridge. I remember seeing Molly's picture in front of the Sydney Opera House and thinking how enormously cool that was. I knew ever since then that if I ever hosted a traveler, we'd have to pose in front of the Golden Gate Bridge - not everybody has such an iconic landmark in their backyard - it felt like a duty - LOL. Anyway, the best place for pictures of the bridge is at Fort Point, so we went there. :lol:

And of course, Celeste was able to visit with the lady who knew her grandparents. She got some great info which she will post in her blog

Then we rushed home to help with the painting. It was a hot day and at the end of it we were too tired to post. :)

Lots of pictures in my gallery.

:p

I cannot wait to show Celeste my Portland Foursquare dollhouse! And introduce her to Emma, too!

I can't wait for Celeste to meet Emma as well! I'd love to see new pics of our dear friend Emma :)

post-4366-1283813948_thumb.jpg

Then we went to see the Golden Gate Bridge. I remember seeing Molly's picture in front of the Sydney Opera House and thinking how enormously cool that was. I knew ever since then that if I ever hosted a traveler, we'd have to pose in front of the Golden Gate Bridge - not everybody has such an iconic landmark in their backyard - it felt like a duty - LOL. Anyway, the best place for pictures of the bridge is at Fort Point, so we went there. :)

Love the Golden Gate Bridge picture!!!

post-4366-1284252202_thumb.jpg

Celeste and I managed to sneak out this morning to visit another tasting room, then she went with me too Lowe's. I had to buy more paint for the house, and while the nice man was mixing the paint, Celeste enjoyed wandering around the store.

I have e-mailed Shelly to be sure that she is ready, and when I hear from her Celeste will be on her way to Beautiful British Columbia.

Pics in my gallery.

:)

Hi Shelly, I got your email and have responded. Unfortunately, tomorrow is a crazy day for me at work - I probably won't get home until 8:00, but I will make sure that Celeste is in the mail on Wednesday without fail! :wub:

She is very excited; she has been researching your town on Wikipedia and is anxious to see it in person. (and I'm anxious to see pictures!

:o

• 2 weeks later...

Celeste arrived today safe and sound!! She tells me the trip was good but long and tiring so once she settled in she decided to take a much needed nap. We wont be doing much this evening so Celeste will have a chance to rest, however her adventures in Canada begin first thing tomorrow morning as we have many plans for her. Stay tuned for info and pictures!!

Yeah! So glad to hear that she made it. ;)

I hope that you have a lot of fun.

P.S. You've probably noticed that Celeste had an injury while she was here :wub: - I made her a macrame choker to conceal the scar - but I'm sure that you'll treat her gently.

I'm sorry Sara, I did send you an e-mail when she arrived and I checked it didn't bounce back at me so I'm not sure what happened there!! We are having a fabulous time visiting with Celeste, we have been on a number of outings with her so stay posted as I will be posting lot's of pictures soon!! Celeste has been filling me in on all of the wonderful places she has seen on her adventure, she is a very lucky girl to have met so many wonderful people!! Today is my day off from work so Celeste and I are planning on spending the day doing some work on the Beacon Hill and I am going to make my first attempt at sculpting a doll, which she has very generously offered to help me with!! I will be taking lots of pictures of the process, so hopefully it goes well, stay tuned!!

Okay, I have been trying to upload pictures from my camera to my computer all morning and am having no luck!! I have no idea what I am doing wrong ugh!!!! :groucho: Anyway just wanted to let everyone know that Celeste is having a wonderful time on all of her adventures here in Canada. We spent the entire day yesterday out and about taking pictures of the area, and she is so excited to share them all with you. I will keep working on trying to upload these pics, however I'm not sure I will have much luck with it until my DH gets home from work to help me with it. Keep checking in hopefully there will be some pics to enjoy later this evening!! As you can probably tell, I am not very good with this computer stuff!! LOL :giggle: