A traveling doll.

SMarieCarlson

So I saw Elsbeth's blog were Emma was traveling to all these different people. I want to do that too. I would create a doll once I get the Blue Cat Mercantile up and running. I would have to "interview" each person that is interested. Just because I would want my doll back. We would swap goodies, take pics and create "stories". Photos could be emailed. I just think it would be neat. I am a geek that way i guess. So would anyone be interested? :yes:

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its a fun thing to do...i hosted molly the moose last year or maybe the year before....it was great fun...unfortunatley she got lost in transit which was sad but i enjoyed seeing 'emmas' travels too :yes:

i'll sit this one out and let others have a fun time :o

Great! After I finish Blue Cat Mercantile and the Spring Fling Contest. I'll make the doll, and get her storyline figured out. ( I always have to have a story line). I even have a character in mind for the Spring Fling Contest. Does anyone else do that?

Yes it will be a while, I want to complete the Blue Cat Mercantile and The Spring Fling Contest. If you are busy or unable to host. some one else will. :yes: there will be plenty of time. :o

Sign me up. I'd like to try hosting.

These projects are a lot of fun.

My favorite part is the photos of people's houses.

I hope to do another travel doll once Emma settles into her new life and we get the wedding details sorted out. Emma is soooo busy it's exhausting. :yes:

Count me in please! I had such a blast when Emma came to visit me here in Tennessee! And then after she left I wanted to shoot myself because I thought of so many other wonderful places that I wanted to take her picture at!!!

Alright you are added. I am deciding to skip out on the spring fling. I so cannot deal with another deadline so close to this craft show. So since I did some cleaning my Mom gifted me an Orchid kit. :( So I will be working on that. I might whip out the traveler her name is Celeste. At least Thats what I am hoping for, if that is what comes out of the clay. I started a second blog on my blog (don't ask me how it works) about my Orchid experience. I am thinking about starting one about the journey's of Celeste. In fact all this is making me want to make her and her brother. **scampers off** :o

Sure.

I was wondering how was Emma's transportation fees covered? Did you (Elsbeth) pay all of it or did each Host pay to send her to the next Host? Or did she get shipped from owner, to host, back to owner. I think I might have to look closer at the travel blog.

Each hostess paid for postage to the next person - that was agreed upon before signing up to be a hostess.

I sent out a list of "game rules" - covering postage, min/max period of time with each hostess, date ranges, etc - and let folks decide if they still wanted to be involved.

Then once they signed up, I made a schedule, emailed it to each member, and gave everyone a chance to change times or bail out if they needed to. It takes a lot of scheduling and checking with people - and is totally worth it.

I was impressed at how smoothly things went with Emma - very few hiccups. Folks were awesome.

I love the stories of traveling dolls, one way or the other I always miss the announcement and jump in to late. It seems that I'm on time now. So if you love it that she will also visiting The Netherlands (Europe), I have a guestroom ready :o .

P.S. When you send her out to a foreign country check if the hostess don't mind to pay the international shipping cost.

That is a very good point. Is there anyone here who is willing to pay the international shipping costs? There are a few people who are not from the us. When I do this I will try to make a map and line up the shortest distance to each person.

I am thinking 15 visits for this trip. So there are only 3 host slots open.

I will also be making a travel blog for Celeste. She can post there while she is at your house. I will set it up and everyone who is a host will be invited to post on the blog. I will announce the webpage when we get that far.

The highest international shippingcost are, I'm affraid that it will probably for me, so my answer is no I have no problem to send your doll back to the USA or to Australia, the rate is the same for Overseas.

it's a cute idea but i would be afraid to have her visit. My 7 year old might decide to keep her :o

Aww... Celeste would be honored to spend a week or two with your daughter. You could tell her, "See, honey this is what it would be like to host a foreign exchange student. We can't keep them but we definitely come to love them."