Anyone build the Victoria's Farmhouse???

minifan

On 5/27/2010 at 10:46 AM, NewAtThis said:

Hey there,

I just caved and bought the Victoria's Farmhouse from Hobby Lobby. Such a price! I was a little wary, seeing as how their regular price was already $100 less than other vendors. But with the 40% off coupon, I got over my suspicion and took the plunge.

It might live under my bed untouched for a while, but once I'm ready to dive in, I'll want to see that build site. Unfortunately, the link posted doesn't work for me. Has the content moved?

Also, a question for anyone who's built it: from the pictures, it appears that the stairs are very basic, and that there's no interior trim for the doors and windows. Is that the case? If so, I guess I'm keeping an eye on other sales...

You are right, the stairs are basic and there is no trim for the interior doors in the kit.  My husband left the stairs as is, but added trim to the interior doorways and it looks much more complete.

• 5 months later...

I am building the VF and the only problem I have had is the exterior trim.  The instructions aren't very clear, especially for the vertical pieces on the attic endwalls and gables. Does anyone know a good site with better instructions?