Teaching Ralph to build

LPCullen

Ya know, I couldn't have planned this better if I had tried. Started dating this fellow named Ralph (actually we're engaged now) and he has fallen in love with dollhouses. I was building the lighthouse when we first met.

So, he wanted to learn how to build, and I had to build the Washington for a charity auction, and he helped so he could learn the building process. Wouldn't you know, broke him in on a Greenleaf house...

Anyway, pix in my gallery: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...&album=3987

post-6-1269444136_thumb.jpg

Hi Linda,

I realize that we don't know each other as I am very new to the forum, but congratulations!! Your Washington is beautiful!! It is a secret dream of mine to get my hubby interested in miniatures but I'm afraid it will remain just that, a dream!! He is very supportive but not at all interested in building dolls houses himself. I guess it's a good thing for me to have something that's just for me anyway. It just sure would be nice to have someone to share my interest with, if you know what I mean!!

That is the best thing I have heard all day! Congratulations on your engagement and finding a friend to share this great hobby with :thumb: I'm really happy for you .

How'd he react to your turning the house upside down to paper it? You do know I now turn all my houses upside down at least twice during each build!

Thanks everybody! Actually, I started the house out in green, and wasn't happy with it. Got deadlocked on it because I couldn't get the colors to speak to me. Then I looked at it one day and thought "yellow", and there it was. This is the old Washington, and not the 2.0.

How'd he react to your turning the house upside down to paper it? You do know I now turn all my houses upside down at least twice during each build!

He's quite amused by it, and he's also discovering the benefits of doing things that way, now that he's seen how you can get into all kinds of twists and turns and angles. He's having a blast with it. Mostly he likes watching me do bricks, and he wants to learn paperclay as well.

Glad to hear you're turning your houses upside down too! Doesn't it work great?

Hi Linda,

I realize that we don't know each other as I am very new to the forum, but congratulations!! Your Washington is beautiful!! It is a secret dream of mine to get my hubby interested in miniatures but I'm afraid it will remain just that, a dream!! He is very supportive but not at all interested in building dolls houses himself. I guess it's a good thing for me to have something that's just for me anyway. It just sure would be nice to have someone to share my interest with, if you know what I mean!!

Oh Shelly, don't you give up on him getting interested! My boyfriend went from telling me "Grown men don't play with dollhouses" (when I once asked him for help), to attending the mini fair with me in October (2009) and driving in the SNOW to pick up a Thornhill that I won on Ebay. And now, he's going to the Tom Bishop Show with me in Chicago and has even offered to pay for the hotel expense(s)!! Did I forget to mention that he even carries my purchased items for me AND shows off my dollhouses as if he's a Mini Real Estate Agent?

Linda-OMG, Congrats!!! He's not only a cutey, but a KEEPER!! :giggle: (Especially if he's showing interest in your hobby!!)

When's the wedding???!!

Ohhhh Linda, I am sooooo happy for you on both great happenings, Ralph and him liking/taking an interest in dollhouseing!

HUGS

Thanks everyone. I'm getting picked on for the "serious" picture. What happened there was that my friend Susan was taking the picture and she said she was having trouble getting the camera to behave, so I started to move forward to help her figure the camera out and she snapped the picture.

Here's a better picture of us.

post-6-1269547251_thumb.jpg

Archived