We're having a heat wave!

I've been planning on doing a biker bar for years and have just been waiting for the right kit to come along. As soon as I saw this one, I knew that my patience had been rewarded! I'm not entering the contest, but I'm definitely getting ready to go "Full Throttle" on this kit! I've even figured out how to make lighted beer signs to go behind the bar and put peanut shells on the floor. <grinning> Now I can refer to all those years of hanging out with bikers as "research"! <cackle> If only the details weren't so fuzzy in my memory............

Of course there's also my ghost town stage stop (Adams) and the soon to be saloon made from the Taft. This kit would be an awesome addition to the ghost town as the blacksmith shop.

Then again it also makes me think of an Appalachian moonshine still. Or an artist's retreat in the mountains complete with a potter's wheel and a forge with lots of metal sculptures scattered around.

Deb

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could also become a gristmill, a small stable, a diner... and that's just without bashing! Deb, you've been reading my mind! There are just too mini kits ahead in line for me to build this new one.

Everyone seems to be FULL of ideas - I have 1 so far.

After thunking and thunking I'm of the opinion that finding that unique building/scenario/era/environment is less important than actually making the best you can out of what you choose. Last years spring fling shouted out windmill to me straight away as I'm sure it did to many others but how many of us could have created Loganberry Mill, that was a stunning interpretation of a windmill. So I'm going to worry less about what and more about how.

Now.......... gotta worry about the how bit.

I agree Jo - there could be 65 "Saloon's" created, but the judges would still find 3 that they think are the best saloon interpretations, so it matters not what is created, just so long as we all have FUN, and do our darndest to make it the best _____ that it can be, right??? :o I'm sure winning is on everyone's mind initially, but just having the chance to participate and get the 'ol creative juices flowin' is the primary drive for me. (and then of course comes that pesky problem of finding room for yet another project..when I haven't finished some others around here :lol: :p ) Oh, fiddle dee-dee, I'll think about that another day... :p

i agree too :D

as long as you like what you are making with it thats all that matters :o

also this year mine will be tame :D i'm doing it as an addition to another house...quite boring but will suit my needs perfectly :p

no clues as to which house or how though :lol: :p

I can see it as a Bank, blacksmith shop, Bar & Grill, Bakery and it can be bashed into a Modern house retreat right off the lake. The double doors can become nice LARGE windows for the lake view. I also see it as a few other ideas but I'll wait until next week :lol:

I already have 4 drawings (2 modern, 2 "? era" :( ) going and haven't even seen the whole package yet :banana: Kind of a guessing game...no dimensions, no clue about "optional" surprise...but havin' a blast comin' up with ideas :D I just hope they work with the entire package when it is released.

Hurry Friday!!!!! :banana:

I liked the sneak preview of the doors...and then I saw the whole kit, and I thought, "Meh, it's nice...but I don't know what to do with it." BAM! Yesterday out of nowhere I got my idea. Might just enter this one...

:(

Hurry Friday!!!!! :(

So the anticipation is over on Friday? Is that when all the pictures will be released? Will they also tell you how much the kit and option will cost at that point too?

Can't wait to see more photos. Is it 1:12 or 1:24 scale? Do the double doors open? Is the back open? Is there an attic/loft? What are the options? <looking for patience but not finding much!> :(

The kit is going to be 1:12 scale KB. We thought long and hard about 1:24, but April is going to be half scale month around Greenleaf (stay tuned)! All the doors are separate pieces and can be placed however you'd like. Sorry, no attic or loft though one can added.

Thanks!

Dean

Ohhh Dean, you sure knows how to sparkle the imagination with little details like that!!! I'll be out of town until late Friday my time so will probably not see the revelation until Saturday >eeeeek and :(< but I am bringing a sketchpad along with me on the trip!!!

Sooooooo curious!

Hugs and thanks for all the things you do for us here!

...April is going to be half scale month around Greenleaf (stay tuned)!...Thanks!

Dean

Be still, my beating heart! My hero! The Fairfields are teaching me how much I'm coming to enjoy the smaller scale!

ok this is my plan to fund and have room for the 1/24ths...........selling all my 1/12th houses except the double beacons the wartime storybook cottage and the french style loganberry mill :(

is it a good plan? :banana:

i HAVE to go to 1/24th if i want to keep building as my RL house is a shoebox :D so i'm figuring its make or break time :banana: and 'half scale month' could be the inspiration to bite the bullet and just do it........a Fairfield and whatever is released will keep me going for a while .......oooooooo i dunnooooooooo....i want to..... and the houses are agreeing....for now :)

Spring Fling????1/2 Scale Month????? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going MAD................

1/2 scale month???????? :(:banana::banana:

Thanks Dean!!!!!! :D

HALF SCALE MONTH!!!!!!!!

Be still my beating heart. Fingers crossed for the Victorianna. I have been wanting otry half scale for a long time but the Fairfield never spoke to me. The Victorianna however has not kept quiet ever since we had that picture on the blg ages ago. I alreay have the space for it.

Also moe half scle would be AMAZING!!! I can't wait to see. My bank account is going to hate me.

Archived