Getting Ready for the Spring Fling Contest

dollhousecontest2010_thumb.jpg We've been working long and hard to come up with something unique, something unusual, something affordable and something LASER CUT! That's right! The Greenleaf 2010 Spring Fling Contest will be centered on a fantastic laser cut structure at a price that will knock your socks off! To fit this kit into everyone's budget, we will be offering a base structure that will have an optional addition available for those who want to expand on their kit. As with last year's contest, the use of the upgrade option will have no impact on the judges, so you can feel comfortable competing with just the base model.

So what's the big deal about laser cutting? I think that many of you might have that question and this will be the perfect opportunity to find out. For now, I'll focus on the detail in the accompanying teaser picture. As you can see, the doors have laser engraved detail that we just can't accomplish through traditional means. That's just the start; it's a breeze to strip out the pieces and sanding is minimal, so assembly happens at light speed! And speaking of speed, we're even going to include some samples of our new speed shingles so you can be well informed about the laser cut options available exclusively at the Greenleaf Company Store!

Stay tuned as more details unfold as we approach the kick off date of March 20th (which just happens to be the first day of spring). This year's contest promises to be more fun than ever... we can't wait to see what you're going to come up with! As in previous years, the winner gets more than just bragging rights and cool prizes; they get to name this new product and be immortalized as part of the Greenleaf product line, right next to Annie's Lobster Shack and the Loganberry Mill! So get your thinking caps on and just imagine what's going to be behind these doors!

ShareThis

View the full article at Dolllhouse-Kits.com
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lasercut kits really build themselves, so if you want to bash or specialize anything, be sure to have it all worked out before you open the kit, because the parts hop together leaving you & the kit with jaws flapping!

Could it be anything other than a barn?????

or is the clue in "what's behind these doors" - and the doors aren't actually part of it.

I am really eager to try a laser cut build. Does anyone know if international shipping still the standard rate?

or is the clue in "what's behind these doors" - and the doors aren't actually part of it.

Does anyone know if international shipping still the standard rate?

ooo Jo...good strategy...hmmmmmmmmmmmm the doors may not be part of it.....never thought of that!!

and last year the shipping was subsidised for overseas...it was charged as normal shipping and then refunded within days...something to do with the system not being able to be changed but the discount was well worth the few days wait :)

ALSO....Holly gave another clue in another thread....

''complete with a picture of one of the LASERCUT upgrades available to go with it''

so it seems the door could look like anything you wanted and not just 'barn' like?

ooooo its so exciting i love this guessing bit :)

Could it be anything other than a barn?????

Ooooooooooooh, so much more than a barn! Wait till you see how perfectly detailed those doors are in real life. You can't begin to imagine how beautiful the laser cut can be with fine details like the hinges and handles. It is *amazing*! I swear the hinges look real. I literally did a double take. Watch and see............you won't be able to resist running your finger over them to make sure that they're etched and not the real thing.

And speaking of speed, we're even going to include some samples of our new speed shingles

OMG, those laser cut shingles are to die for! Talk about the perfect way to shingle a house. Fast and sooooooooooooo easy. They are truly revolutionary.

Deb

I'm excited, and I have no intention of entering. I'm already looking forward to the contest deadline so I can see all the entries. - Good luck everyone!

You have ideas already Shannon ?? - sigh - sometimes I think there is nothing inside my head at all except an ache. Don't have a single germ of an idea yet.

That looks so interesting. I was kind of thinking of an old fashioned garage. But who knows it could be anything!! I am so excited to try something in lazer cut!

Be still my heart - a laser-cut kit! for the Fling project! :p Those doors are spectacular!

This is sooo exciting...can't wait to see the rest of what Dean & Co. have up their sleeve. :)

I don't have a smidge of an idea about it yet, but I never do until it is sitting in front of me.

At any rate, I better start preparing dh and son that they will minus one "chief cook and bottle washer" for a couple months again.. :)

I'm not sure that I gave a hint, since I don't even know what it is, either; I just read the product description! I wish my workbench weren't already piled to the ceiling with the Pierce parts and finishing up the Fairfields, but I guess that means I'll be available to bounce ideas off of. Those doors reall call out, don't they? I can't wait to see what Deb & Tracy are doing with this kit!

Archived