Do you ever type one handed?

Sherry

Do you ever type one handed, because you just have to respond to a post, but you're using your other hand to clamp something tiny together while the glue dries?

Do you use your expensive french nails as a mini screwdriver? (I do my own nails, just curious)

Have you been known to hold things between your knees so you can reach a certain spot

to paint it?

Have you ever bought the large family size of canned goods just because they're better for weights while the dh floor dries?

Do you ever buy a certain brand of food JUST for the container or the lid?

Do you ever let your DH watch something crummy on tv, because you know he won't expect you to watch it with him, instead of going to your dollhouse area to play?

Can you tell I'm sitting here waiting for glue to dry and I'm bored? :)

You are too funny Sherry!

Yep I eat breakfast and lunch at my computer and type with one hand and eat with the other. This also applies to holding onto something I am gluing.

Who has nails? Mine are long gone...I used the last of them to scrap off glue and paint.

I never bought food just for the container but have been known to open new containers, dump the contents into something else just to use the container.

I've let my cereal go soggy many times while I pay more attention to reading posts or responding to them - does that count?

I've used my fingernails as screwdrivers, paint scrapers, glue spreaders, etc.

Do I hold things between my knees - lots of times!

As for DH, I get him to come help me when I need it, instead of letting him veg in front of his computer or the tv.

And I've spent hours upon hours with my computer trying to decide on wallpaper and lights for the Beaumont because I want it to look fabulous when it's done and there is no local dh store and I have little to no stock. However, I am going to a dh store over March break, so I want to be well prepared with the # of rooms and the layout and anything else I need. Can anyone say ka-ching? ($$)

I do make my household filter their trash before they pitch it out.......just in case.

I completely ignore the rolling eyeballs when I've caught an infringement! Ha! Lids,

covers,caps,bits of wood/metal....you never know what they can be turned into!! :):)

Yes, yes, yes, probably, sure and yes LOL Been there, done that so to speak.

Watching glue or paint is so no fun, but worth it in the end

Hugs

Pretty much all of those. I quit getting my nails done because I can't hold tiny little things with them. My natural nails are ok but the fake ones are so thick usually. I have stayed in a position that killing me just to hold till the glue dried. Everytime I go to the chiropractor is asks what I am building now.

Been there done that lots time.

Put my paint brush in my coffee. Graded the Only thing in the house heavy enough to hold floors or walls down which is the urn holding the mare's ashes. My son says it is the only time she stands still.

Right now trying to type and hold cat on one shoulder :) :)

If paintbrush water were poisonous, I would have been dead many years before now. Here's another one. I went to Wallyworld this morning and replaced all of my kitchen towels. Every one that I owned had paint, stain and glue spots all over them :) .

Paintbrush water sipping, check

Dipping my brushes into my drink, also check

Holding things with my knees, or teeth or some other magical acrobatics, check

Fingernails are natures Swiss Army Knife as far as I'm concerned

Add:

Getting annoyed at DH that a household tool was put away in the actual tool box/shop instead of in my craftroom.

Only noticing paint and/or stain still on my hands, arms, or hair after I'm in a public place or I've smudged it onto my laptop or Ipod :)

Not being able to find my glue bottle, because it's busy weighing down something being glued and drying.

Wondering how my coffee got cold so fast... after reading post here for 20 minutes. lol

I can respond to the one hand typing. I typed for 20 years on computers with slanted keyboards. I did med. transcription and usually at over 100 wpm. Now I have a flat keyboard on this lap top and can't type worth anything. I usually still use both hands but just my two middle fingers. How people do texting is beyond me.

Yes, to all of the above! :)

Usually, I'm typing one-handed because there is one (or sometimes two) cats perched on me, requiring a balancing/petting hand.

Anyone gone upstairs to fetch a tool, or some supply, or fresh water for painting, etc. but forgotten to take the big paintbrush out of your mouth, and painted wood trim going around corners? :) (Perhaps I should explain that the paintbrush is firmly clamped between my teeth, like a Spanish dancer holds a rose.)

...Anyone gone upstairs to fetch a tool, or some supply, or fresh water for painting, etc. but forgotten to take the big paintbrush out of your mouth, and painted wood trim going around corners? :) (Perhaps I should explain that the paintbrush is firmly clamped between my teeth, like a Spanish dancer holds a rose.)
My workshop is upstairs, so I've come downstairs that way; not painted any trim along the way, though, ...yet...

Rosalind, I think you win the prize! I haven't heard of that one before. I have however, painted my nose when I had my face to close to a tiny spot and hit my nose while trying to get the paintbrush in said tiny spot.

What? Tea, cold tea, isn't meant to be used to clean paint brushes?

What? What are fingernails?

What? Cereal is supposed to not be eaten soggy?

What? People own towels that do not have paint and glue on them?

What? Light colored paint is not supposed to be highlighter for your hair?

Honestly the worst I have done is all of the above, and worn a shirt out, unintentionally, in public that I had on in the craft room just before I dashed out, and when it was commented on that it had a lovely pattern to it, I looked down and after a few blinks, thanked the person for the compliment, as I was laughing inside and continued on as if nothing were amiss..... I use my clothing as paint brush wipes...often, and had created a rather interesting abstract design across the front of it. :)