An old newbie

Grandma

Hi, I just discovered this forum from reading a different forum about reborn dolls.

I have a large dollhouse that my late husband built for me, when he died my interest died as well but that was over ten years ago, I think it is time to get back to it.

There has been so much progress in the dollhouse world and things have changed since I last did any work on the house, I am hoping I well get inspired and get going again.

Joan

Welcome Joan!

I am young but I am a disabled sahm. I needed something to keep my mind occupied. Working on mini`s has fit the bill nicely.

I hope you get back into the swing and join us for some fun. Everyone is so helpful, nice, and FUNNY! :rolleyes:

Heidi

Hi Joan, and welcome!!!

I'm glad to see another "old newbie" in the forum! That would kind of describe me, because I'm a grandma

(young at heart) and have made one other dollhouse in my life, a long time ago, (maybe 25 years) and am now venturing to put together a Garfield for my granddaughter. I hope you enjoy your mini adventure and that you'll enjoy this site as much as I have already. I discovered it about two weeks ago, and have read new posts with eagerness. Everyone is really friendly and helpful and it you don't know how to do something, there'll be someone to help you or to point to a tutorial. It's a great site full of very wonderful people! And with you, there's one more wonderful one to get to know!

Lots of luck,

!!WELCOME!!

my hubby spent his growing up years in and around Edmonton and Calgary.

still thinks of it as his home. we are planning a trip to Calgary for the Olympics!

I hear it is VERY beautiful there!

glad you found us!

nutti ;)

Me, too. I get to go on Medicare later this year.

Holly, I highly recommend it! Retired life is great...and thanks be to God I'm able to make it...it's a squeak sometimes, because of reduced income, but it sure beats the corporate rat-race where the rats usually win!

LOL.

Joan, are you retired?

Take care...

Tthank you all for such a warm welcome. I look forward to getting to know you and to hear about your projects.

Mine is to rescue my old house and get it all ship shape again. My two cats managed to do some damage to it but nothing that glue can't fix.

Joan

Welcome --

Look forward to getting to know you. Think you'll find this a diverse group all of whom are helpful and warm. So glad you're re-entering the miniature world and hope you enjoy yourself.

Welcome to the Community Joan!! Do you have any pictures of your house?

Not yet, I have to do some repairs to it before I can take photo's. The front balcony was damaged by one of my cats and I have to glue it all back together, thank goodness all the parts are there, not sure what glue I need to use though, some sort of craft glue or maybe wood glue would do it.

Maybe tomorrow, cold and miserable here today so I didn't do much at all.

joan

Hi Joan! Welcome to the forum! I have 4 cats to help me with my little house. And such a big help they are too. I am soooo jealous-you said it was cold and wet there. It was 102 today, hasn't rained in over a month and no rain on the horizon. Already I am looking forward to fall! Hope to see lots of pictures of your house real soon.

Cathy, alsmost sounds like our weather here in the FL Big Bend, except so far temps are still in the 90s. Ah, well, paint & glue dry a tad quicker, but we desparately need rain!