I've discovered another Halloween outlet!

I just found this community and am very excited to learn from the experts! To make a long story short, I'm thinking that I can condense my love for Halloween into some smaller projects by working in miniature (while most people have more boxes of Christmas decor, I have 2 Xmas boxes compared to about 15 Halloween boxes). Because we're moving I've whittled that down to 5... but after finding this online:

Haunted Dollhouse

it just seemed like the perfect smaller outlet since I'll never end up living in a Addam's style house. I've been wandering around here reading about the different techniques and suggestions (I have a lot to learn). I just won a Beacon Hill on eBay - along with a miniature Ouija board and creepy portrait... it's a start!

I'll try to wander around some more before I asked any repetitive questions - glad this place is here!!

mememememe!

I love Halloween! and I enjoy making the haunted items!

last year I built a small Haunted house and had so much fun!

looking forward to seeing your creations!

nutti :D

OH BTW

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

Hi there, welcome to the forum. yes I also love halloween. my favorite theme for minis. i used the beacon hill to do a haunted house. it is just a perfect house for doing up haunted! good luck i know you will have fun with it. you can check mine out at

http://community.webshots.com/user/fairimom

i named it the Thornhill Manor after the estate in Jayne Eyre. one of my favorite books. there is also the Shady Acres, a much smaller house but just as fun to build. i also like to make haunted rooms in carvable pumpkins and cauldrons. very fun and great decorative centerpiece for your halloween party table. i am working with my daughter on a haunted dollhouse right now. good luck, keep me posted i adore looking at other people's haunted houses! everyone has such a unique style! please let me know if i can be of any help! heh-heh-heh :D have fun!-holly

Hi Intrinsicat!

Oh yea We Love Halloween :) It's my favorite holliday and I'm ashamed to admit I've never made a mini haunted house - It's on the list though :D I wonder if I can get one done by Halloween... hmmm probably not - too many UFO's around the house (UnFinishedObjects) LOL. One of the items I'd like to figure out how to make is a mini FCG. I've seen a photo of it done in mini but still haven't figured out exactly how :blink:

Welcome to the Forum!!! :)

-David

COOOOOLLLL!!!!!!! I can't wait to see how your house turns out! I will be starting my haunted house in another month or so. Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Fairymom - you're haunted house is amazing! That's very much similar to what I'm envisioning! I just LOVE all the details! I'm sure I'll be bugging you with lots of questions...

I mailed away for an old 2002 copy of Miniature Collector because the front cover had a haunted house on it. They added a basement level by placing it on something and building a hill to hide the extra level on the front side. Which, of course, was a perfect place for a cemetery. So many ideas.... I'm moving this summer, so I have to do that first... so it'll be slow going. I'm going to take this time, though, to learn as much as possible since I have a feeling I'm taking on a major project for being completely new to this. But that's my nature.

It's nice to find out that haunted dollhouses aren't shunned! :D

I mailed away for an old 2002 copy of Miniature Collector because the front cover had a haunted house on it. They added a basement level by placing it on something and building a hill to hide the extra level on the front side. Which, of course, was a perfect place for a cemetery. So many ideas.... I'm moving this summer, so I have to do that first... so it'll be slow going. I'm going to take this time, though, to learn as much as possible since I have a feeling I'm taking on a major project for being completely new to this. But that's my nature.

It's nice to find out that haunted dollhouses aren't shunned! :D

I have become obsessed with my haunted house and haven't even started it yet! I have the October 2002 copy of MC! The builder is Patricia Paul and I will be doing the same thing with my house, the basement with the front and sides as a hill. I will be using a similar theme to her house, she has it's inhabitants as mostly skeletons, I purchased some fimo and sculpey to make my own. Her is her website so you can see her cool skellies!

http://patriciapaulminis.com/haunted.htm

I am in love with her skellies and want to do up a couple of skellie ladies drinking tea...a skellie butler, a skellie in a hip bath (see page 18) when you get your MC., a skellie sitting in front of a dressing table etc.... I also want to make a mummy for outside and other creepy inhabitants! I purchased a pram yesterday from ebay and will have a skellie nanny pushing it out front with some sort of monster baby in it. I was going to do a baby skellie, but that's kind of morbid. So i figure some kind of monster baby would work just great!

I am sooo excited that someone else will be doing a haunted house and i can't wait for your pictures! I forgot to say welcome btw...sooooo welcome! margarita