My first dollhouse, the Magnolia

CraigWoozy

Hello,

I would love some advice on the Magnolia kit I bought. I want to do a dry set up where I get all the main pieces of the house, the floors, walls and roof and then put them together with masking tape to get a look at the house and to mark off the floor lines and maybe even do some wall papering or flooring I made.  If this is not a good idea let me know. Thanks, Craig

OK, Craig, the Magnolia is one of my very favoritest houses, it's so incredibly elegant! A joy to build! I was asked by the rest of the building team to build it just as it comes out of the box, without decoration/ finishing, which I did (I did apply the window, doors & trims and roof with poster putty so I could go back and decorate & bash it the way it wanted) here: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/b...dex.php?cat=122 and then I set up a gallery showing how I decorated it here: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...m&album=988

Thanks Holly! I went on your blog and downloaded all the pictures so I could see what I am building. I'm a little nervous about doing the windows, I'm not too sure of how they go together. I am really excited for this house and I'm glad it's not a hard one. Thanks for the info! Craig

The upper inner frame goes on the exterior wall within the outer window frame, and the lower inner frame goes on the interior wall, ditto; this gives the appearance of a sash window. If you want to use working windows you'll want to trace around the component window to enlarge your space and you'll want to use scrapwood to make shims. This is one place where, if you use horizontal siding, you will want to install your component working windows on top of the siding. I liked the kit as it was. I faked a board & batten siding.

• Like 1