Starting the Willowcrest Now??

chattycathy66

Ok, so, the Beacon Hill has waited patiently since this summer, as I finished up 3 other projects...and was getting this hopeful vibe, that I would have actually finished it before the end of the decade...and what do I do....I start the Willowcrest. I hadn't even planned to work on it yet, but since our lower level is in such disarray...STILL...the Willowcrest (and box) have been in the way---what a huge, heavy, awkward box! So, I got this brainiac idea, that if I at least built the shell, I could label and bag up the smaller pieces, and store them in a rubbermaid tote---much easier to store!

Well, as great as an idea as this is...I still need to buy all the lighting stuff (and lights) before I go much further....and of course, my mini budget is pretty tight right now...sure hoping I did the right thing,lol I suppose, while I'm waiting for my "lighting stuff", I could get a move on and finish the BH...oh goodness....Am I the only one who does this???lol

Now that I think of it though, maybe if I start a couple more houses, and have dh "shells" sitting all over the house, it will provide DH with the energy to finish my craft room....oh one can always hope,

On the brighter side, the shell of the house is coming along well...and I just finished the first floor staircase---what a lovely staircase...it's a pity it's really not visible once the house is built :)

Thank heavens!! Glad I'm in good company :)

I think I'm weird about having a few projects going at one time because I have so many other things I "should" be doing....and it really bugs me when DH has unfinished projects all over the house...that's got to be the "hang up", because I know it's normal since so many other people are "multi-taskers :( I suppose now I know why it bothers me, I can accept it and not feel guilty about being a mini multi-tasker, :)

I know exactly how you feel.!! I should be finishing up the Victorias Farmhouse... but I am really wanting to get started on the saloon.... but the measurements have me all screwed up.! I just have to figure out what size I want it and I will be fine.! but again there sits the Farmhouse and several other rehabs. ! This saloon is just pulling me in right now.!

Kellee

I know exactly how you feel.!! I should be finishing up the Victorias Farmhouse... but I am really wanting to get started on the saloon.... but the measurements have me all screwed up.! I just have to figure out what size I want it and I will be fine.! but again there sits the Farmhouse and several other rehabs. ! This saloon is just pulling me in right now.!

Kellee

Oh yeah, let's not even talk about the rehabs I have sitting around...

I am really ready to open my Beacon Hill and start it, have a lot of the wallpaper and furniture I need already. But last night I started looking at Victoria's Farmhouse as well, and wanting to work on that...

I think we're all helpless.

I *must* direct my MIL and DH to this web forum so they can see that in my mini-madness I am NOT alone!!

I don't even have that many houses... When I was doing a head-count, I thought I was up to 9, but then I remembered the two barns I got at a garage sale, so surely they figure in somewhere?? I truly do think you can never have too many dollhouses/kits etc!!! I've only got 2 NIB right now...

I have ten houses in various stages (not one is finished), six kits under the bed not including the Willowcrest and micro Beacon Hill I got for Christmas that are screaming at me, but I AM GOING TO FINISH the Bobbi that I am working on before starting another project. I will do it this time, I hope! :)

There are so many houses I'd like to build and have four unfinished now. In a way it's kind of fun to switch back and forth but I used to finish one completely before starting another. If I include the ones I haven't shingled yet I guess there are six unfinished. I would like to get the Willowcrest but better wait or the others will be on hold forever.

Count me in with the rest of you! My Buttercup is almost done, my Glencroft needs all the trim added, I have a re-hab that I am up to the second floor. And these are only to the end of the construction phase (including paint and wallpaper), but no decorating. And yet they wait...why...because my mind has moved off to my Beaumont...I have most of the wallpaper and lights picked out, but not bought yet. She has not even gone into dry-fit yet for me to see exactly how many lights I will need. Hubby does not want me to start another build before finishing the build on at least one of the existing - so I have been trying to get the shingling done on the Buttercup...sigh....

• 1 month later...

Well, not too much progress on the Willowcrest...but I did add a couple pictures to my gallery...

When RL has not been getting in the way, I have been working on the Lisa's CC HBS project...I need about 30 hrs to each day!!

I won't let myself start one without finishing the first. I tend to start out all crazy and work on it non stop and then I lose momentum and then at a certain point I get burn't out. :lol: It's the excitement of getting my next project started that motivates me to get back to the house and then I realize how close I am to finishing it and get excited and can't stop till I'm done!

I am pretty new to all of this but I keep telling myself that I will finish the Beacon Hill before I start the Brimble's that has now made it under my bed. I guess it will get worse, I have so many ideas for so many more. Hopefully they just stay put up there for now. I am thinking about a roombox for my aunt for her birthday, have some ideas, just have to make it happen. I'm sure it will snowball from there!

I tend to start out all crazy and work on it non stop and then I lose momentum and then at a certain point I get burn't out. :)

Sounds like me! I am plugging away at this Westville though, because I have to get it in the mail at some point...

Just have a bit of shingling to finish up, and trimming the floor edges, and window treatments. At least the window treatments are fun to do (except for waiting for the starch to dry, which is what I'm doing now)...

I've been thinking more and more lately of a roombox that I want to do, and the Willow in its box, but so far I've been able to keep focused...

The trick with ideas for houses is to pet their boxes from time to time to let them know you'll get around to them in their turn, and they'll keep on chatting about what all they want.

LOL, I do that too Holly, and also have a pice of paper taped to the box so that I can jot the ideas down that might come from the little chats....

Hugs

I am usually a "one at a time" type person--hate to have all kinds of unfinished projects hanging around....but since my Grandma had her stroke in Nov. and we've been going to Chicago once or 2x a week to see her, my days off have been a bit full...

My plan is to get the outside of the Lisa's cottage finished--then spend a month finishing the Beacon Hill!! :) Once I finish that, I'll concentrate on the HBS project...and then get back to Willowcrest...see, got it all figured out...in my head--now to just get the time!! :)

Holly, I use that technique on the other houses...it works pretty well :lol: