It's Playtime!

Hi all,

I'm april although my display name is lilpyrogirl, don't worry, it's not an indication of any illegal activities. I'm a fire protection engineer so if you think about it, pyro fits.

Anyway, I bought a dollhouse shell like 5 years ago and finally decided to start working on it this weekend. See, it only takes me roughly half a decade to get motivated to do anythiing. Anyway, just stumbled across the page while looking for answers to questions and thought I'd join up.

I like the blog thing and I think it will be interesting to track my make-believe-dream-come-true progress. The thing is that I have no idea what brand/model the house is as it literally came to me just a shell (I bought it on Ebay). So...um, are ya'll all brand specific or is an outsider permissible?

Anyway, I've enjoyed your pictures and blogs and I'm sure I'll be coming to you for lots of questions as I make mistakes as fast as I can.

Thanks,

April

Hi April, welcome to the forum. :D

Any questions you have I'm sure someone will have an answer or tell you where to find it. Your house is really cute and has a lot of potential, I'm sure someone on here knows what make it is.

Have fun and welcome again.

Annette <_<

Welcome to the forum April!! You know, you are not totally addicted until you have created a story of characters to live in your house. That is when People who think they are normal starts to think you are crazy <_< .

I made one house and it looked as if a Duke should live in it so I started creating this story in my head of what he should look like and wear and that he had 3 sons (The legitamate ones :D ) and that the lady of the house only marrie dhim for his title though he thinks he picked her.......

So, that is what we mean by a story to go with the house :D

Welcome to the neighborhood!!

Welcome to the forum, April :D

are ya'll all brand specific or is an outsider permissible?
As you read over the forum you will, perhaps, notice a section devoted to different brands of kits. Everyone is welcome here.

someone will have an answer... I'm sure someone on here knows what make it is

OK, Wende...

A story for my house? Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean?

Sometimes we can look at a kit and know the story, sometimes the kit tells us the story as we build it, and sometimes the story just slowly leaks out of the finished house. I had to begin to make dolls to fit the people in the houses' stories <_< .

Hmmm...well, i'm in Gawgia (Georgia for ya'll that don't speak southern) so this house will definately be a house for a southern family. I'm disappointed that it only has two rooms on the first and second floors and then an attic. My plan right now is a living room and kitchen on the first floor. The second floor will be the master bedroom and dining room. Does it sound too far out there to have a 2nd floor dining room? The 'attic' is the length of the house but with sloped ceilings and such so I though that would be one big playroom/nursury/kids room. I toyed with the idea of having someone cut me some partitions to make the attic into 3 small rooms BUT how on EARTH would I make a pattern to fit all those odd angles that someone could follow? Thus, my southern belle and her gentleman will have no toilet facilities. We'll pretend there's an outhouse which is kind of funny since I've been eyeing the more modern kitchen cabinets and fixtures. <_<

I'll throw in a picture of the back of the house so ya'll can see what I'm working with. I went a little nuts with the wiring in the attic since I don't really know what I'm doing with it yet.

post-735-1149451974_thumb.jpg

Welcome April, I'm in middle GA about 40 -45 miles from Atlanta. Be careful, once you start this hobby it fast becomes addicting. <_<

How about a nice lil picture of the front of the house? I'm dying to know what it is! From the back it looks like RGT, but I'm not sure.

BTW, welcome to the forum! Love your name! And another southern gal as well! I'm a bit above you, in NC.

Welcome to the forum, April, I'm halfway between Tallahasse, FL, & Bainbridge, GA, just south of the state line.

Linda, looking at your link I noticed RGT advertises their kits are "made in VT". When we were there two years ago we stopped in Barre & spent an afternoon in Barre, finally locating the building that went with the address in the ads. It's an office & a warehouse. We asked about factory tours (DH is a retired industrial engineer & we're both fascinated with manufacturing processes) and learned there is NO factory in VT. They were very sweet about handing us lists of dealer addresses.