Newbie needs your advice

Actually that was the staircase I had which went the wrong way, and later, when refitted, I found even they would work okay, be in the living room a bit, but otherwise a great improvement. I'm going to get the curved set for the downstairs and straight stairs for the upper level.

I think the foundation adds a lot of stability to the whole structure (I suppose that's why they call it a "foundation"! :blink: ) You're right, the Garfield is a HUGE house. It's my first...and I bought it on-line, and didn't realize JUST how big until the truck came with the box! Yikes!

I had intended to build it in a spare bedroom...but after measuring, and getting my husband to measure again...it was clear that I COULD build it in there...but then I'd either have to remove the door or the window to get it OUT of there. So now it's being built in the middle of the living and dining room. Not ideal -- haven't eaten off the dining room table for awhile..like the last 2 years! :D

Anyway. I'd be scared to keep it separate.

Well, I guess I'll put it on the foundation and look forward to taking the door off the hinges and also part of the door frame. :D:):blink: I really didn't think about getting it out of my house to my granddaughter...I just loved the way the Garfield looked, and I figured that since it was big, I'd have a lot of room for furnishing and decorating. Who knew? :):):)

I did have it in my living room but it took up sooo much space that I finally lugged everything downstairs to a family room in the basement, because I knew I wouldn't be able to stand the mess of a construction site in my living area. And really, all things considered, I'm happy to have traded the corporate rat-race for dollhouse problems , so I'll glory in my dollhouse days and be glad that I was able to retire happy!!!

Thanks again, uppitycats, for your advice.

Doogster, I like your idea of the curved staircase on the lower level and the straight one up above...Do you have any pictures posted? I couldn't see any under your name. I'd love to see what you've done so far!

Havanaholly, how would you suggest putting in a double staircase? I'm having a hard time picturing that.

Thanks again for all your help.

Maresiedotes

how would you suggest putting in a double staircase?

Removing a wall, if possible, or at least moving it. I haven't built a Garfield, but I have been know to move, remove ar add a wall as the "spirit" of the house I was building moved me...

Doogster, I like your idea of the curved staircase on the lower level and the straight one up above...Do you have any pictures posted? I couldn't see any under your name. I'd love to see what you've done so far!

SSHSHSHHHHHH

his house is a secret! :)

he is saving it all for the final reveal!

quite selfish of him REALLY :)

but maybe if he is bugged once in awhile he will learn to share! :)

keep askin questions maresiedotes. its how we all learn together!

:D hmmmm wonder what I did to change the font? :blink:

SSHSHSHHHHHH

his house is a secret! :D

he is saving it all for the final reveal!

quite selfish of him REALLY :)

but maybe if he is bugged once in awhile he will learn to share! :D

keep askin questions maresiedotes. its how we all learn together!

:D hmmmm wonder what I did to change the font? :blink:

:):):):):)

Maresiedotes