willow, front door casing =(

crayroot

I'm building this willow for my wife and it's taken several months and been a lot of fun.

I'm not very spatial and the directions have been a battle with several fairly large mistakes. It's turned out very well thus far - but now I'm putting together the front door and I'd like to avoid one here because it's such an important centerpiece of the project.

I'm on section F step 6 and I'm somewhat confused. The so-called casing support is apparently not labeled properly on sheet (3) and I'm simply assuming that it is the trapezoidal shape. The directions indicate gluing this to the back of piece A, the very ornate piece that holds the S shape trims. Does this mean that the front door casing piece A will appear to be 'floating'? Is this to allow siding to go behind it?

I can't find any pictures and the front of the box isn't helpful at all. If anyone could give any help I would greatly appreciate it. I'd like to get started on the siding!

Hi Cray, I was wondering if you meant the Willowcrest? You can look at closeups under Greenleaf's Dollhouse site. Please forgive me if i have made a bad so to speak. SO often i mix up names . Good luck with it!

Dot

• 1 month later...

Crayroot: I'm new and just happened upon your post. I've just opened the box of a Willow I'm building for a friend...I'm the builder, she's the owner/decorator. I hope this arrangement will work.

May I attach myself to you for info/support?? I haven't found much in the way of Willow info in the forums and that's why I zeroed in on you. If there is more information than I'm aware of then I would appreciate learning about that too.

This is my first venture into dollhousing and I hope it will be pleasant...I'm sure it will be challenging.

Thanks, Joe