Are you a "one project at a timer" or a "multi-tasker"??

chattycathy66

I can concentrate only on the Newport at the moment, but I have bought a second kit. I bought it since it's no longer made and I found one in good condition.

So what is your second kit?? I look forward to your post and pictures on the Newport...can't wait to see what you come up with next.

I thought I only worked on one at a time, but then I realized none of my houses are done...missing trim/accessories...are they ever really 'done'? Now I have 5 houses built that all require some attention -trim, roof...and I just started 3 more!

One thing at a time. I get completely wrapped up in the house. When it's finished, I haven't a creative thought left. It's almost like a period of mourning. Takes a few weeks, usually, before I can even clean up the mess and begin to consider starting something else. I have four kits now: Village with all the extra buildings; Monte Monroe; Coventry rehab; Pierce. And the Haunted House will arrive soon. Oh, and a couple of gazebos. That's way more than my comfort level of projects tapping their little wooden feet and reminding me "I'M next!".

The Garfield will keep me busy until i die. :lol: j/k But seriously with a project like that i need brakes now and again so a 'small' project is a good distraction usually some thing like the spring fling.

I know that I like to have more than one house going at a time. As I have said before, I have three on the go right now - the Glencroft, the Buttercup, and a home-made rehab.

However, the more I look at the Beaumont instructions and think about it and plan for it, the more I just want to take it out of the box and put it into dry fit. But it wouldn't stop there as then I would want to start decorating and bashing and assembling, so I am trying my best to keep it just in the planning stages. But it is so hard!

I am definitley a multi-tasker, not just in houses but in between smaller projects as well. Since I am fortunate enough to have a room just dedicated for my crafting I keep most of the projects in there whilst working on a house, but the smaller projects most often goes around the house with me as I keep them on a tray.. :lol: And sometimes when I start out a new house, I take over the living room floor, which is covered with plastic sheets as to protect it...

Hugs

Housebuilding, other woodworking and doll assembly & painting all go on in my workroom, formerly the sunroom off of our bedroom, with some woodworking prep chores occurring in the big workshop downstairs under the kitchen. All my needlework occurs on the futon in front of the TV, which I "listen" to whilst working. Sculpting occurs in the kitchen where I can step onto the back porch to bake items.

Holly, DH can't understand how I can sew and watch tv at the same time, after all these years. I tell him it's just like him sleeping and watching football at the same time...just try changing a channel and see how quickly he comes to life! That's true multi-tasking, lol!

DH doesn't understand how I can be on the computer and watch tv at the same time....or work on minis and watch tv....unless I'm really tired, I just can't sit and stare a the TV--I keep it on mostly for background noise,lol

LOL Sherry, that's so true!