New Member here...

:lol:

Howdy to all...I can't believe I finally found a site that deals with Beacon Hill Houses!!

I am now the PROUD owner of a DollHouse!!!! This is my first "real" Doll House...I remember having a Metal type 2 storey house when I was younger, but nothing like this.

I am so excited and overwhelmed by it all, I don't know quite where to start...I was given the Beacon Hill House along with half a dozen boxes of assorted furniture, parts & pieces, ect. This wonderful "gift" came from my neighbour/landlord...she told me that she just doesn't have the time nor space to continue on and would I like to have it...WELL...You can guess my answer!! I was just in awe...So there I waited for my delivery (by wheelbarrow) of my new house. The house was built by an older gentleman, who had a bit of time on his hands, and let's say...had his room and board looked after, too!

There seems to be a few pieces missing...Not quite sure exactly what, as I don't have any house plans or instruction sheets...Here's where I need your help...Where on earth do I get a set of instructions??

Okay, I think that's pretty good for a start...I have taken quite a few pictures of the house, but not quite sure on how to get them on here, so that you all can see them.

I was very encouraged by looking at the "Curbside Find, Beacon Hill" info. ( Please forgive me for not remembering your name...) I checked out your site, and found it most helpfull.

Take care all, and have a great day!!

April

HI! welcome to the forum!

so you had a put together Beacon Hill given to you? :p

and now you want to refurbish?

I have heard that is very rewarding....Our own minimadwoman did a fantastic job on hers!

I look forward to see your photos.

and I do believe you need to post 5 times in order to post your photos.

so get chattin ;)

what colors are you planing?

and also some of us use webshots to host our photos mini and non mini related

it is easy to use with a small dl.

glad you found us!

nutti :lol:

Welcome, April :lol: . A lot of members here have built or are building the Beacon Hill. You can go to the Greenleaf homepage for contact info to order the instructions & probably the schematics sheet as well, to show you if any pieces might be missing. I'm looking forward to seeing your "before" & "after" pictures.

Whew...my little guy is off to napland...so now it's Momma time!!

Thanks Peggi...I am over the moon!! I haven't really thought about colors yet, Nutti...The house is a robin's egg blue, with white trim and painted brown shingles. The inside is well...really in need of some attention! Right now I am in the process of finding a good solid base (with turntable). I've been told that 'before you build anything you need a good foundation!' Found a turntable from a display rack, and just found a table top that is not in use...oh boy!!

Thanks for the info, havanaholly...I do appreciate it...

Take care...

April

Welcome to the forum April! It's really nice to meet you. I can't wait to see what you do with the BH. Such a gorgeous house!

Deb

Hi April,

That's one of my favorite things about this forum - no matter what house I get my hands on it's a pretty sure bet someone here knows what it is and has already worked on one :( Welcome to the forum :angry:

-David

If you haven't found or ordered the schematics or directions, let me know - I just got the house on eBay and it came with all that and I don't mind running you a copy and mailing it out. I got a great deal on it, but it's missing a major peice... I hope I can order it - I don't really want to mess with trying to cut this peice out from scratch. Everything else is PERFECT - I was sure it was all going to be warped and old from being someone's abandoned project - but aside from one key peice I'm pretty happy about it.