Bashing a hutch

Roxxie

I am bashing one into an entertainment center right now. I had knocked a piece out of the top of the chest part when I broke it apart, but just filled it with spackle. Once it was sanded and painted, you can't tell the chip was there. And you can't beat the price, all I used was paint and spackle, wooden beads, glue, a little scrapbook paper, and toothpicks! I love 'em!

I just took apart a hutch that I thought I had finished using the same method. It was glued pretty solidly I probaby made some toxic fumes because it was all painted and sealed but I just wasn't happy with it. I know some don't agree with the microwave method but I put it in 5 secs at a time and it eventually came apart. Just watch it carefully it does get hot. I grab it out with a cloth. I couldn't get it to come apart with the freezing method but I hear it does work for some people.

Hey Roxy! 5 seconds at a time worked really well for the hutch I was trying to get apart! If the parts still didn't let go, I let it cool for a bit and put it back in for 5 seconds more. One took a total of a minute to get apart--just a little at a time worked great.