Willowcrest pictures

Ms. Mini

Boy do I love Memorial day weekend! Why you ask? Because I have 3 days to work on my dollhouse! Ive been working all day long and really wanted to share all my pictures with you! So please let me know what you think!

I cant believe how many tiny pieces there are to this house. Its amazing the variety of trims, frames etc. But I cannot wait to see what it will look like when its finished. Today I did alot of gluing, and tackeled the living room. I stained the ceiling and flooring, wallpapered, stained the base/casing and then tackeld the first story stair way! And stained that to! So ive been busy! :lol: Poor fiance hasnt seen me come out of my room all day. At around 2 he came in with a sandwich since I was forgotten to eat! What a guy! ok so heres the pictures :p

the rest of the pics are in my gallery, please let me know what you think :)

th_IMG_2402.jpg

th_IMG_2399.jpg

th_IMG_2394.jpg

th_IMG_2392.jpg

th_IMG_2391.jpg

th_IMG_2389.jpg

th_IMG_2386.jpg

th_IMG_2385.jpg

Thanks nutti!! ya it sure is scrap book paper! I love using scrap book paper for wallpapering. Michaels had a huge sale this week on it. 25 cents a sheet! Cant beat that! So I have enough scrap book paper to cover 3 dollhouses! haha. Man that stair case sure is taking along time though. What was the hardest part of building the willowcrest for you?

What was the hardest part of building the willowcrest for you?

well as all things my hardest problem to overcome with all my projects is me

I am my own worst enemy ;)

trying to decorate the foyer,stairwell,2nd floor landing

because I GLUED the staircase wall on like the directions tell you to do......so if you do not decorate before wall goes up....well have fun with that! :) :lol:

railings and painting all had to go on from the windows and the bathroom doorl....yes following instructions that was glued in also! :lol:

but that was my 2nd kit and my 1st full scale kit and I LOVE that crazy house.

my BGF loves it also. her girls play with it gently and love it like she does. it is a household proud possesion

and that makes it even more special to me.

when I go to Florida...I usually will give it a good cleaning and touch up the paint. I also send her any swap item I make. she has all kinds of Holiday decorations too. I wish she was here she would love doing this with me!

nutti :p

ya I remember you telling me about making sure i do the wallpapering before i put the staircase in. So that is what I plan on doing first thing tomorrow morning. You have no idea how much I appericated that tip! Im kind of working around the directions because I want to do as much interior wallpapering and staining that I can before having to put the whole thing together. i cant wait to wake up in the morning and dig in again!

Neat, I like the way you’re trimming the corners etc. Very pro

Those stairs look like a lot of work, very cool. Look forward to seeing them finished.

Glen

Thanks everyone! Ya im very pleased with it so far to! I was going to ask your opinions. I was planning on keeping the whole house wood flooring. and just add rugs here and there. I love older houses that are all wood. Ive even seen one that was wood flooring in the bathroom. Do you think that would look ok? Ive been going back and forth with the thought.

Thanks everyone! Ya im very pleased with it so far to! I was going to ask your opinions. I was planning on keeping the whole house wood flooring. and just add rugs here and there. I love older houses that are all wood. Ive even seen one that was wood flooring in the bathroom. Do you think that would look ok? Ive been going back and forth with the thought.

That sounds like a neat plan. I don't see anything wrong with wood flooring in a bathroom. I am going to do that with one of my houses (the queen anne) because i want it to have an older home feel with lots of wood and paneling. oooo maybe you could do the wood floor in the bathroom and use skinny sticks to make paneling in the bathroom - like wainscotting. That would look neat.

That sounds like a neat plan. I don't see anything wrong with wood flooring in a bathroom. I am going to do that with one of my houses (the queen anne) because i want it to have an older home feel with lots of wood and paneling. oooo maybe you could do the wood floor in the bathroom and use skinny sticks to make paneling in the bathroom - like wainscotting. That would look neat.

OMG! thats perfect! what a wonderful idea! thank u! oo that will look sooo nice. I gotta go to the dollar store now and get some! Thank you! And im with you. Im really trying to get the older feel for this house. not run down old. but more of a Restoration of an older house.

I think wood flooring would look great in your house.

do you have leftover siding strips? great to use for flooring and wainscoating!

Im looking forward to more progress photos!

nutti :lol:

OMG! thats perfect! what a wonderful idea! thank u! oo that will look sooo nice. I gotta go to the dollar store now and get some! Thank you! And im with you. Im really trying to get the older feel for this house. not run down old. but more of a Restoration of an older house.

You're welcome. I am partial to older bathrooms with wainscoting (i did it in my federal but i used a premade wainscoting)....i read somewhere on this site that someone had used the skinny sticks for wainscoting and thought it was an excellant idea. (i don't remember who posted it)...i wish i had known about skinny sticks before i did the wainscoting in my bath because the stuff that i used was a pain in the arse. :lol: I want to have a stained look in my queen anne, instead of white this time.

I agree on making the house look older but not run down, that is the look i want to acheive as well! Have fun! can't wait to see how it turns out! Marg

Ok i woke up this morning with a puzzling thought. I started wallpapering the room that first goes into the house that also has the staricase to the 2nd floor in it. its ver tiny room and you can really only see it through doorways and windows. Anyways I started wallpapering it with a pastiel purple and cream colored wallpaper. And it just doesnt feel right to me. I have a few other darker colors of that wallpaper I did my living room with. but would it look weird to have the same pattern, but different color in the same house?

I don't think it would look out of place at all. Can't wait to see it too!

:lol:

Are you electrifying this one? Can't remember at the moment if you were or not.

yes i am, however ive chose not to use tap wire on this one. I bought one of those 10 outlit ones and im going to drill a tiny hole on the bottom and just run the cords through there.

Hi Jenny! I loved looking at pictures of your Willowcrest. I too am building the Willowcrest. This is my first dollhouse and I can't believe how long it has taken me. I am only about half way thru but getting really excited because now I can see the results. I am also electrifying mine. Not an easy feat for me since I am still having trouble grasping the concept of plugging something into the wall and getting something back for the effort. I have gotten some great ideas from the people here. As for your wood floor, if you have a Hobby Lobby close by, check out their section on unfinished wood. I found some great wood "tiles" in a bag of three sizes and have decided to put that in the kitchen. I am still debating about the bathroom. The bag of wood tiles is only $2 so I bought 2 bags just to give me a better selection of really flat tiles. I am looking forward to seeing how your house turns out. I have some pictures posted here but more on webshots since I still can't get my pictures to post here. I have a different paper on the upstairs landing than I do on the first floor and I think it looks okay. I used railing to separate them and am quite pleased with the results. I bet yours will be great. Anyway, keep posting your pics. I love them!

• 4 weeks later...

Alas! I have pictures to update with! :lol: ive only done a little bit since my last update. but i tackled the downstairs staircase. and wallpapered that front room. stained it. the works. I had some trouble with the steps themselves, i used a few pieces out of order so the curved step is shorter than i think it should be. :D but i think im going to be putting a runner on the staircase anyways so it should be fine. i still need to do the door frams, and stain the ceiling moldings so i can put those up. here are some pics... :lol:

th_IMG_2415.jpg

th_IMG_2414.jpg

th_IMG_2413.jpg

th_IMG_2412.jpg

th_IMG_2411.jpg

th_IMG_2410.jpg

th_IMG_2409.jpg

th_IMG_2402-1.jpg

th_IMG_2401-1.jpg

let me know what ya think!

-Jen :lol: