New member from NH

I have been designing and building 1/12 scale furniture for many years. About two years ago I decided to attempt to design and build dollhouses. I am presently building the Harrison. At the same time I have started the Arthur. The Greenleaf Town is waiting in the wings. My preference in furniture is Shaker.

ANSWER TO SOME OF YOUR QUESTIONS:

I will answer your questions here. If there is some other place to answer, please let me know. I am still trying to understand the site.

The furniture that I build are exact replicas. I obtain full size patterns, redraw them in AutoCAD, Then I scale them to 1/12.

In some cases, if I like the particular piece of furniture, I will build the full size piece.

I try to stay away from kits. I find that the thickness of the wood is not to scale.

The thickness of the material is not uniform. The kits are usually pine or bass wood. I size all my own wood to the proper thicness and use different species (cherry, mahogany, oak etc.).

I also use mostise and tenon for the joints and finger joints for the drawers. Most kits use butt joints.

I have just purchased a digital camera. I will take pictures of some of my work and try to figure out how to post them.

Welcome Beaucraft!! I would love to see pictures of your work. Do you have any? Shaker styled furniture is nice. Most of the ones I have seen in the past were kits. Where do you get yours from or do you make it your self?

Hey, all!

I joined in May, and I'm just getting around to trying to post, etc

This sounds like such an exciting forum and I am anxious to participate.

Started minis about 2 years ago, when I bought a Duracraft Linfield. Once I completed that, (repalyed the video until I wore it out!!!), I found a Glencroft at a garage sale for $5 -still in the box!

I finished that too, then found a gazebo which needed re-fenced,shingled and landscaped.

THEN, I found a little hand-crafted 6 room affair. Someone's father or grandfather had used 1"x1" moldings to attach the floors, applied full-scale wallpaper with hot glue, and installed full-scale rugs for carpeting! No windows, but openings were cut.

The outside painted in a particularly nice shade of bubblegum pink!

Strangely enough, this project and the gazebo were the most enjoyable fro me (most recent, or building on the efforts of others?)

Beaucraft, my garage-sale buddy found a Greenleaf Village kit. Is that like the town project?

Linda McD from NOTL

minilinda

I am in the midst of doing the Glencroft....please take a photo of your beams..the one by the staircase in particular....I have no idea as to how it goes into the wall/staircase.

ooohhh

ermmmmm...by the way!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

cant wait to see all of your houses!

nutti :p