Lighthouse-HEY TRACY!

LPCullen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVELY! I especially like the vertical stripes on the first floor. How awesome is that?!

You and me both Holly!!! Linda is it looking awesome!

Thank you sooo much for the great eye candy!!!

Hugs

In the beginning, when it was decided that a lighthouse was needed, the dolls worked hard to construct the base for the lighthouse.

post-6-1260377235_thumb.jpg

They carefully assembled floors and began adding walls.

post-6-1260377551_thumb.jpg

They took great care to make sure the walls were affixed properly.

post-6-1260377417_thumb.jpg

The toiled and painted on the panels for the beacon, and hauled them around for proper installation into their mamoth creation.

post-6-1260377483_thumb.jpg

And now, the LIGHTHOUSE HAS LIGHTS!!!!!

post-6-1260377604_thumb.jpgpost-6-1260377618_thumb.jpg

post-6-1260377641_thumb.jpgpost-6-1260377664_thumb.jpg

Linda...Amazing !!! :wave: I don't know what else to say. What colors are the stones? I can never get the right color when I try to paint a stone wall. Everything on it is perfect. I can't wait to start on mine, but I need to clean my shop before I can start. 'Somebody' keeps getting my tools out & not putting them away ! (lol)

Steve in PA

Thanks everyone! I'm having so much fun building this lighthouse!

The base coat on the blocks is pewter grey, then I did random blocks in charcoal grey, winter blue, hippo grey and cape cod blue. The blocks are 1 1/2 inch across by 5/8 inch tall, at least the first line is..... after that, I just "eyeballed" it.

Could I get a lil help? I need to decide what color for the roof. Could you all look at these two picture and chime in on whether you think I should continue with the blue or paint it black? Please?

post-6-1260453020_thumb.jpgpost-6-1260453038_thumb.jpg

The railing appears to have a brownish tint because I did a heavy colorwash of black. My thought was to allow some of the wood to show through so that it would look like aged wrought iron railing.

Okay..that is it. Sore booty or not, I am going to forge ahead with the lighthouse I have. I also have another kit my fairy dollhouse mother gave..it is four houses in one..i think you pick one out of the four designs.

It will be the keepers home for the lighthouse.

I see your pics and it is getting me motivated to just do it.