Greetings

melee

Hello everyone!!

I've finally decided to join the community here because I've become addicted to miniatures, and thats a great thing. (expensive but great). I have only built two houses so far, the first being the Lilly (and what a story that is, maybe I'll post on that later.) THe second is the Buttercup Cottage, which I'm in the process of making a shop. THe tenetive name being The Plaid Peddler.

I'm already thinking about what my next project will be. I keep looking at THe Glencroft and the Harrison, but I can't decide ;)

Melee

Welcome Melee: My first build was also the Lily. You can read my story in the blog section here. I'm working on the Coventry Cottage (making it a dance studio), but I have the Buttercup and a log cabin to do. So be careful, this hobby is very addictive. Please share photos of your houses, we all love eye candy here.

Welcome to the forum!

I am working on a Lily at the moment.

I am not very far but I really have like the looks of this house for a long time!

looking forward to hearing your "war" stories! :lol:

glad you found us!

nutti :unsure:

Welcome to the forum Melee!! From your avatar, your Lily looks really beautiful. I'd love to see pictures of it close up..........I'd love to hear the story of it too. <giggling> The Lily has her own personality and building her becomes an experience, not just a process. I loved building mine and she didn't give me a bit of trouble but I think it's coz I sweet talked, flattered and blatantly sucked up to her the whole time. :unsure:

I'm working on an Aster right now, (the smallest tudor of the Greenleaf/Corona line) but I have a Glencroft in dry fit on the work table as well. It's got as much character as the Lily. If you haven't checked out the blog section of the forum yet, there are building team blogs for the Glencroft that might help you make up your mind between it and the Harrison. Either way, you'll be getting a great house.

Deb

Hi Melee,

Miniatures can be expensive but there's lots of great ways to save money on them and lots of stuff you can build yourself if you want to. Have you checked out any of the blogs or tutorials here yet? There's some cool stuff for sure! And I think both the Harrison and the Glencroft are really great houses ! Have you decided what you want to do with them once you move on from the Buttercup? So what kind of shop is the Buttercup going to be? The Plaid Peddler is an awesome name :lol: Doing a shop is definitely on my list of wants but I haven't gotten round to it yet :( Maybe I'll get so inspired by yours that I'll jump in ;) and get one stared!

Nice to meet you

-David :unsure:

Welcome to the Community!! I am currently building the Lily too and have to add my pictures soon! I see you posted your "war" story and I am waiting for the battle now that I know the enemy a little better :unsure:

The lilly was certainly a challenge for a first-timer, but was well worth it. Im really amazed at how different everyone's is.

The buttercup cottage, or the "Plaid Peddler" (name tentative) is going to be a general store. Im thinking of the plaid peddler because i wallpapered the inside with red plaid paper. That sounds odd, but it turned out really cute. Ive built a large shelving unit for it which turned out very well, and right now i'm waiting for a few more bits and pieces to arrive before i can work on it some more.

Melee.