Back Surgery 2009

heidiiiii

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wishing you the very best, Heidi, both during the surgery and in your speedy recovery. Do what they tell you to do and you'll do well - especially with all of us pulling for you!! Who was it that said they'd better have room in the OR for a LOT of folks? Well, we will all be there, in rehab and at home with you, too.

Lighting a candle for you right now.

Heidi, I'm late with the good wishes, but sending them none the less. Glad to hear you have a way to fix things, and don't have to be in pain much longer. I'm sure it is scary, but have faith it will all go well and you will be good as new in no time!

No call from the surgeon`s office this past week so I am going to call this morning at 9am (bright and early) to see if they had heard anything. It sounds like I am rushing but I have 30 days to do it or I have to have another pre-op appointment.

If the nurses do go on strike (hope not but hope they get what they are fighting for)..who knows when I will be able to have it done.

Heidi, I'm late as well in wishing you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery time. Hope you get it set up soon so you can be on your way to feeling good! Back pain just plain sux...my DH had L5 disc removed about 15 yrs. ago, and he was up and around pretty quickly. Wishing the same for you.

I called the office. They have to call my GP this morning to get the info faxed over. Then she will call me this afternoon to set up a pre-op appointment with the surgeon (to talk about the surgery..etc etc), set up my surgery date, and my post op surgery date (two weeks after surgery).

So the ball is rolling....

Best wishes for an uncomplicated surgery and a very speedy recovery.We will all be

with you and will be waiting to hear from you ASAP!Saying prayers and lighting

candles,and wafting positive thoughts your way! :wave:

I got my surgery date....

Next tuesday November 17th!

That is not alot of time. I procrastinated all over the place..ROFL

Am I nervous? No not really

I think because I am thinking of all the crap I want to get done before hand. Crap!!

Oh, now that was quick, but in a way I suppose that is also a good thing, eventhough is sort of sets a final limit of possible preparations as well. Hmm, not sure if that made sense at all LOL, but all in all, will be thinking of you, sending positive thoughts and strenght your way!!!

Hugs

Keeping my fingers crossed that its not too painful after your surgery and that you will soon be able to enjoy a little recuperation time where nothing - but nothing is expected of you and your time is yours to do what you feel capable of doing. Take care Heidi, I'll be thinking of you next week.

Jo

Oh, now that was quick, but in a way I suppose that is also a good thing, eventhough is sort of sets a final limit of possible preparations as well. Hmm, not sure if that made sense at all LOL, but all in all, will be thinking of you, sending positive thoughts and strenght your way!!!

Hugs

I understood what you said..LOL

It is good it is getting done. It is not so good that I have stuff to do and not alot of time to do it in. On the plus side, next week is Fred`s week vacation. Then he will take FMLA for awhile to help take care of me and help out with Natalie.

I'm glad that the surgery date is so soon, for a couple of reasons - one, you will be out of pain that much quicker, and two, you will be so busy trying to get things done beforehand, you won't have time to dwell on the upcoming event and get all nervous!

I'm glad that the surgery date is so soon, for a couple of reasons - one, you will be out of pain that much quicker, and two, you will be so busy trying to get things done beforehand, you won't have time to dwell on the upcoming event and get all nervous!

My sentiments exactly, but don't wear yourself out before the surgery. Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery Heidi!

The things I have to do really do not require me to break my back. I have to do banking today. Pay mortgage and car insurance. Go to Old Navy because their coats are 50% off and the one Chelsea wants will be only $50 soooo I will get it now and give it to her for Christmas.

I have to write the December MoM for Deb because I do not know what state I will be in later on..hehehe

We have to put in a reserve for a rental car so Fred can pick up Chelsea from airport Dec 2.

I have to go to heating assistance and re-apply (Chelsea`s summer income put us over)

I have a meeting with Natalie`s school counselor.

Pick up prescriptions

etc

etc

etc

So nothing like cleaning or raking leaves..Oh gosh! My friend` son is coming this weekend to do the leaves in the top yard..need to buy bags.

Natalie is going to her friend`s house on Saturday. Fred and I will go out to dinner and maybe catch a movie.

I meet the surgeon tomorrow morning. Fred has to have him fill out FMLA papers. Oh there is a tentative agreement so far with the Nurses and Techs. Yay Nurses!!

Okay..must drink my coffee and make a list.

Just got back from the surgeons office.

I will definitely be over night. He said that the reason he gives a window of 1-3 days in hospital is because of your pain. He does not want you going home in horrendous pain.

I will be put on a morphine drip in hospital that I can push myself. I will have physical and occupational therapy in the hospital before I can go home also.

I have more running around to do today. Talk to you all later!

Heidi, when is the surgery scheduled? I want to be thinking about you then and light a healing candle.

Next Tuesday November 17th. I will be in the hospital 1-3 days. Natalie will email Deb to let her know what is going on and she will tell you all.

Hospital called for information.

I go in at 12:30pm. My surgery is scheduled for 2pm. It is on the books for a 3 hour surgery. Then 2 hours in recovery. So I will end up in my room by 7pm. So it will be awhile before Natalie (thru Deb) gives you some news.

The nurses and techs signed a tentative agreement and pulled the strike off the table. So surgery will be a go!

Fred, Natalie and I are going out to dinner on Saturday. Figured make it a family thing. Sunday I am doing Thanksgiving dinner. LOL

I need something to do in my time of not being able to do anything.

I was thinking something in the miniature variety. I wish I had bought the supplies for making flower boxes like I was going to do! Dangitall! That would have been a perfect project to do while I am on my backside. Deb, you can slap me now for not getting the flowers and boxes when I was thinking about it!! LOL

I could say..Oh I will work on the Pomeroy house..But I am not allowed to stand for long periods of time and there is going to be some standing for that house. So that is a big fat NO.

Any ideas of things to do would be greatly appreciated. I dont want to be a total schlump while I am healing.

Heidi,

You could make a few cushions, pillows and bedspreads or maybe have a shot at sculpting a doll head from Fimo. Take a ball of Fimo put it on a stick, find something to model it with such as a small spoon, cocktail stick, screwdriver and away you go - kept me busy for hours without moving lol. There are videos on YouTube showing how its done.

Good luck and I hope your recovery is fast and as painfree as possible.