SC State Fair

bookmarm

Blue ribbon is first place, Red ribbon is second...can't remember if there is an actual 3rd place color, but the roombox earned $40, even as a 3rd! The Fair categories have a strange mix of monetary awards. The Lincoln's blue ribbon comes with $100. The shawls' blue ribbons come with $12 each. The shawls took much longer to make than the Lincoln, esp the peacock! Course they only needed $8-10 worth of yarn....

Many of the fancy work categories will have a sweepstakes prize "Most perfect specimen of (knitting/crochet/quilting...whatever)". That gets a larger fancy purple ribbon and a higher monetary award. I did get that one year for a knitted lace shawl. Completely unexpected because I'd only learned to knit a year or two before that.

The Fair opens tomorrow, and though it will be soggy weather, we plan to go and look for other friends' entries that won prizes. Hubby will stuff himself on Polish dogs, french fries with vinegar, fried mushrooms, and funnel cakes. I will pack the antacid tabs and napkins.

heading to the Fair in the rain tonight. This is opening day, so the fried grease will be fresh, but the crowds will be light.

Several co workers have winning knitting entries, so will be looking for them!

Can I bring ya'll a corndog back? Fried dough? Fried Snickers bar? Free yardsticks?

Let me know quick!