New Member Glad to Be Here!

I just found this place! I have no idea how I've missed this. It's going to take me a bit to get used to this setup. I've never belonged to a group other that some of the yahoo ones, and this is a lot fancier. I don't even know what half of the options mean and I'm not even sure if I'm doing this right, but I'm going to figure it out. I built my first Greenleaf in 1978. It was the Washington. It hooked me on the hobby. I can't remember how many of the Greenleaf and Corona ones that I've built because people found out that I could do them back in 1993 and I started building them for other people. That led me to opening a miniature store in 1995 and selling on the web also in 2001. We're in the process of changing web hosts for our online store now and I haven't been able to build the way that I wanted to, so I took a break from typing in product and setting up the site and came to Greenleaf because I missed the building and found you all! My favorite house personally is the Lily. I've done 4 of them for other people and for some reason, it's the most satisfying one. I haven't done my own yet, but I will. I have a picture in my head of what I'm going to do with it. I think I'd like to live it a real one like it! Magnolia is the easiest of the multiroom homes to me. You can build it without having to get into little tight corners to work, the way some houses are. By the way, my sister still has the Washington. All 3 of her kids played with it until they were grown, it's missing a few shingles and some scuffed paint, but it's still there waiting for grandkids to arrive and play with it. I'm really glad that I found this place!

Christina-Tinasdollhouses

http://www.tinasdollhouses.com

Welcome to the forum Christina!! I am working on the Lily right now. Do you have pictures of the ones you did. Ohhh that would be so inspirational to see. This house is so beautiful and ornate!

Please pull up a chair and catch up reading and ask any questions that may pop up!

;)

Hurrah, Christina, now next time we go over towards Gainesville or Jax I'm gonna drag DH to Starke to visit your shop! I'm in Havana, as Melanie mentioned. Welcome to the forum, play with all the bells & whistles.

Welcome Christina! It's nice to meet you! I'm going to join the begging for pictures of your Lily. ;) I just finished one done in a french quarter style. It's a really sweet house to build and has soooo much potential. I'd love to see pictures of the ones you've done.

But for now I'm going to blaze off and surf around your site for awhile. :)

Deb

I'm going to join the begging for pictures of your Lily. I just finished one done in a french quarter style.

I have a Lily in the box. It's telling me it wants to be a Tuscan villa.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I have some pictures somewhere but I have no idea where! I don't take enough of them and don't sort them properly when I do. I'll see what I can find. I've got the first shell that I did for a store display, so I can take new pictures of it at least! It's not painted, but it's still beautiful to me. I'll be here as often as I can. Thanks again.

The most ornate one that I did had 1/2 scale diamond shingles on the mansard roof that were stained (painted) in a 2 color pattern, 4 colors of exterior paint that made it look as if it belonged to Barbie, wrought iron railings on the roof with a gravel roof, Magic Brick on the chimneys, and a separate landscaped board underneath it with grass and shrubbery. The girl and her mother wanted to do the inside, so I didn't get to do that.

Christina

;)

I'm sure I have some pictures somewhere but I have no idea where! I don't take enough of them and don't sort them properly when I do. I'll see what I can find.

That is why I LOVE my digital camera! My Mac Compyter even sorts the images by date for me and create generic folders for my by date LOL.

I find pictures all of the time from my 35 MM camera from back in the day. Hope to hear from you some more soon!

We went over to Jacksonville Tuesday to meet up with DS#1 and attend his daughter's/ our olsiest DGD's highschool graduation yesterday, and DH took us by way of Starke, so I got to shop at Tina's!