State Fair prep...I work best under pressure

bookmarm

this week will be delivery for fine art entries. Next week is home and craft (knitting and dollhouses for me). Jim drops two drawings off tomorrow, but they've been done since last Fall. The knitted shawl just got off the needles and blocking pins, the Lincoln house is finally getting the shingles, the room box still needs the outside finished. Today has been 'roundtuit' day. 'Bout to pass out from quick grab glue fumes....

post-2290-1254085701_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1254085718_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1254085731_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mary and Liza! Yes, that's the peacock feathers shawl. I had a better photo, but the cats deleted it off our computer (this is the truth...some feline was seen walking over the keyboard while the photo was still up...only explanation why the pic later disappeared).

I'm hopeful for the shawl. It took a year to knit. I did have some 'downtime' when there were problem rows and 'unknitting occurred frequently, but it was a challenging project, and I mostly enjoyed working on it.

Hey Gayle!

That was a 'Natasha' micrographics Williamsburg mural I got at PJ's a few years ago. Gonna put a second mural of the same on the outside.

hummm...never know which way judges lean on these things. They did NOT care for my 1/2 scale Fairfield last year (it got a second place, but they did not award a first place). Took just as much work as a full scale house.

Thanks Mary and Liza! Yes, that's the peacock feathers shawl. I had a better photo, but the cats deleted it off our computer (this is the truth...some feline was seen walking over the keyboard while the photo was still up...only explanation why the pic later disappeared).

I'm hopeful for the shawl. It took a year to knit. I did have some 'downtime' when there were problem rows and 'unknitting occurred frequently, but it was a challenging project, and I mostly enjoyed working on it.

I see th before mentioned cats in the back ground of the pecock shawl. Looks like they are ready to help you again. The shawl is exquisit (sp?). Your roombox and lincoln home are so beautiful. You;'ll get blue ribbons for sure. Rita