Hello from Alabama!

James

Hi everyone! I've been looking over some sites to get ideas on a miniature project for work and I found you! I admire the amount of detail everyone here puts into their projects. Well, back to work :D Everyone take care.

-James

Welcome to the forum, James :lol: . This is a good place to ask questions and to hunt for answers. There's also a lot of good stuff in the archives (posts from our "old" forum).

Two caveats: Making miniatures can sucker-punch you into a raging addiction; er, obsession; er, hobby.

Of course we shall all want to see and hear about the miniature you'll be making, so you'll need to post pictures for the eye-candy patrol :D Have fun here.

What part of Alabama are you from? DH & I love Baldwin County, but we also haven't met an AL state park we didn't like. We're in the N FL panhandle/ Big Bend, just a bit east of Lake Seminole.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. ;) I live in Gardendale which is about 13 miles north of Birmingham and work at a bank call center. This project came up as our monthly bulletin board contest and we wanted to do something out of the ordinary. We were so tired of the construction paper and markers!! So, while listening to Phantom of the Opera on my lunch the idea came to me to build a Victorian? era stage with lights, hardwood floor, curtain, tassels, and detailed wooden proscenium. So far, I have the main framework constructed and tonight I am finishing up on the extended stage frame. I'll take some pics tonight and tomorrow.