Another economical idea

babybambi

Some tourist places sell those cast iron pencil sharpeners. They have a sewing machine, a fan, and a couple different types of stoves, ranges. Some are scaled for 1" but most aren't. They sell for around $5.00 each and most have moving parts, doors open, blades and wheels turn.

Great ideas from all of you, keep 'em coming!

If you have found a free/cheap item to use in your dollhouse(s) please share!

Now you post this? I saw a large lot of these on ebay not too long ago, wasn't sure of the scale, decided to be frugal and did not bid. arghhhhh
(Psst, Freya, that picture has been in my "Dressing Maggie" album in the Gallery...)

We had to run errands to Wally World today and on their "clearance" wall they had little pads of scrapbook paper with designe small enough to use in smaller scales like 1:24 & sheets just the right size to cover the walls (I bought three different color groups; you'll be seeing them show up in the Fairfield bash).

Oh, I have some of those pencil sharpeners-bought them years ago and had them piled into a lawyer's bookcase.I put them in a box when I moved to Texas almost three years ago.A few boxes are still unopened and piled up in the garage.Guess I better get

cracking!! Sigh............... :(

I would dearly love to run across another batch of the potbelly stove pencil sharpeners, especially building some of the smaller kits. I found a belt today in our local resale shop that is all steel, with five larger and six smaller fish in scale along a chain that would work for a spiral stair railing in 1:12.

How do you think of all these things? LOL I guess I will have to keep my eyes open on my vacation...I am thinking tiny seashells for my sometime Orchid construction! How about old game pieces like Monopoly? I used the iron in one of my shadowboxes. :groucho:

You want good spindlie candles? Save your glue stick in the center is a pole that can be cut into candles. I cut out the outer shell first so its easeir. On a cruise ship I found some jam containers that are metal and make real good sinks. Look at the packaging before you buy!

They are great. I have my iron painted and in the farmhouse sewing room, haven't gotten around to making the ironing board yet. The battleship and race car make cool toys for the kid's room, the thimble a flowerpot, etc. The clear half of the plastic domes that toys come out of gumball machines can be cut down and make a great hanging basket. And if you're lucky, you can even use the toy that's in it!