1st Dollhouse

Hi, I just found this site...........I purchased my 1st house a couple months ago, The Fairfield.......I chose it because it looked not to simple and that it would take me some time and paitence to finish.......plus it was on sale :lol: . When I opened the box for the first time, I closed it back up quick fast and in a hurry.....but, a few minutes later I was brave enough to look at the directions and wow, I was overwhelmed.......After a day or so of looking at the directions, I took the plunge and popped out the 1st pieces and I found out that it's not so bad. I have a house from when I was a kid, I bought it when I was 5 with my very own money ( I was so proud lol) My poor mom had to put it together for me and she tells me that I wouldn't even let the glue dry or let her put any windows in before I started to play with it lol. She saw my Fairfield and I asked her what she would have done if I had picked out this house for her to have to put together when I was 5......she said "I don't think you would have had enough money" :p Gotta love it! I don't know what brand my old house is, and I wish I could find a pic of it somewhere so I could see what it is supposed to look like lol. It is still standing after years and years of being played with. My Fairfield is coming along pretty well, I painted the outside last night and I still like the color this morning so that's a good sign <_< I can't wait to start another one!! Like everyone else says, I'm addicted!!

WELCOME to the forum!

the fairfield is an awesome house!

have you taken any photos yet?

one of the things we tell first timers is read the instructions 3 or 4 times.

and dont let all those sheets intimidate you.

take it one step at a time and ENJOY!

nutti <_<

Welcome to the Forum Amy!! Ohhh I would LOVE to see pictures of your house!! I think we all were scared the first time we opened a dollhouse kit. It's like "does it really take all of this to create what is on the box?" LOL

As you said, it's not too bad once you really get started. What colors are you painting you house? We would love to see the pictures too!

I do have some pics, will try to get them on this weekend...I so need a digital camera! I've painted it a Lavendar and going to do a white trim...I've been looking for some wood coffee stirrers (I can't spell) to stain and use for hardwood floors for the porch......I might make the 2nd floor into a balacony rather than just the porch roof......I don't know, I put the roof on and I don't like it, but, I can't make a decision either! hehe. Where is the best place to find furniature for 1/2 scale? The beds and stuff I have in my current house is a little to big lol. Thanks for the welcome!!

Welcome to the forum, Amy <_< What part of Georgia? Dee, Jeanie & Peggi are from Georgia and I live just five miles south of the state line in N FL.

Where is the best place to find furniature for 1/2 scale?

I found some truly beautiful sets I want to use in the Fantasy Villa (Tracy, I need to bash at least three more rooms onto it!) at HBS/ www.miniatures.com , and I also got the set of die-cut Greenleaf 1:24 scale furniture from HBS for the Fairfields I want to bash together & build one day. I have found 1:24 scale furniture kits at Ron's Miniature Shop (in Orlando), a miniature store near you may either carry them or could order them for you.

I so need a digital camera!

Holly takes pictures with her regular camera and then has the pictures put on disc to transfer.

Welcome, glad to see someone else from GA. I'm in middle GA about halfway between Atlanta and Macon, only about 2 miles from Indian Springs State Park.

Have fun and enjoy.

What part of Georgia? Dee, Jeanie & Peggi are from Georgia and I live just five miles south of the state line in N FL.

I live in North Georgia, close to Chattanooga, TN. I actually live in GA and work in TN, makes it fun during tax time....

I've got some pics on a regular camera, and some on digital, so I'll get them loaded hopefully today, but knowing me, it will be sometime this week lol :)

I layed some homemade hardwood floors on the porch and stained them last night, it worked out better than I thought, took forever, but I think it was worth it. I used some of the mini craft sticks and cut them down to size......thinking I might convert the porch roof to a balacony rather than just the roof.....I put the pieces on and I think it looks cheezy, but I'm kinda nervous to stray too much from the directions, oh well, time will tell!

I will check my area for mini stores, I haven't seen any around here, but I haven't lived here to long so we will see! thanks for your suggestions and welcome! :lol:

Amy, we found a mini store in Chattanooga, 'way out on the east side of Mission Ridge, coming home from our long trip last summer. 'Way back in the mid-70s we lived on Signal Mountain, DH worked for a foundry in Chattanooga. If you get a chance to get down to Cartersville there is a wonderful cowboy art museum there. We plan to come back to camp at the Corps of Engineers' camp on the lake and paddle and ride the Silver Comet Rail Trail again.