First Dollhouse

Lyd

Hy Lydia and welcome to the forum <_<

I haven't built the Pierce so I won't be of much help to you there but as far as glue and paint.. everyone seems to like .. well what ever they like best. Some use house paint, some latex craft paints. I pretty much use what ever paint I have laying around the house - usually craft paints. I've used Tacky Glue with good results though I think my favorite is wood glue - I'm not a big fan of white school glue or the white Elmer's type (though I've used Elmers wood glue ok) and I would definitely suggest staying away from the hot glue gun - that stuff makes a mess real quick and isn't the easiest to clean up.

-David

Welcome to the forum, Lydia! What David said, the carpenter's wood glue bonds wood to wood really well, the tacky glue that dries clear is best for attaching the acetate inserts for the windows. I use contact cement for floorboards and premixed wallpaper paste to hang wallpaper.

Interior flat or semi-gloss latex paint is mainly what I use, I learned from Darrell that you can tint the white paint with acrylic paint (I use the colors straight from the tube for nearly EVERYTHING) to get custom colors.

The Pierce looks like a nice house to build, several of the members have built or are building one, so you're in excellent company.

oooohh lucky you! a Peirce!

Welcome to the forum! I hope we can be of some help!

the only glue advice I have is no hot glue.

for everyone who builds dollhouses that is how many opinons you will get as to what is best.

get something you feel confident in.

again for paint the oops section of a Home depot or such is good for laytex house paints

I like to mix white house paint to my acrylics to get the colors I like....only problem is you really have to make alot so you wont run out for touch ups. for a house as big as your Peirce for the outside I would buy a quart of whatever color you decide on for the outside.

again lots of opinion and no one would be wrong....get what you are comfortable with.

and Id like to mention....leave window trims.... in and out....off! till house is nearing completion.

you will save your self lots of time and upset about ruining your windows.

looking forward to hearing about your MINI adventures!

nutti <_<

Hi Lydia and welcome to the forum! Congrats on building a Pierce. It's a wonderful house and so sweet to build. It was the second house I built and even with a lack of experience, it was easy to do. You'll have so much fun with it! I have pictures of mine in progress in the building blog section of my website (link below my name) if that might be helpful to you.

Deb