Orchid Gable Window Help!

:welcome: I dry fitted the whole house just fine with no issues! Now I am at the gluing it all in place stage and everything was going fine, until I got to the gable. The large middle window with the blasted window seat. It fits fine everywhere but on one side. I can't get it to meet the house enough to glue it. Thinking I may have to wood fill the large section that won't meet the house but afraid that won't be strong enough. Or I may have to try to take the gable apart and find another way to glue it together. I put the outside pieces together and then tried to fit the whole assembly to the house. It wouldn't stay together trying to glue the pieces on one by one to the house. I am out of ideas. Anyone else have this hiccup with their orchid (or any house for that matter)? I am looking forward to finishing up the main gluing stage and working on the priming and painting of the smaller pieces, but I need to get past this first. Any help or suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

On the Orchid I was able to glue the two sides to the roof but the front didn't line up. I added a strip of wood to the front to bridge the gap where the dormer wouldn't meet the top of the porch. Don't know if this is something you could try for the problem you're describing. (I have also added strips of wood to gaps where two roof pieces don't meet up as they should.)

Are you planning to shingle your roof? If yes then anything you add will be easily covered up. Wood filler could work depending on the size of the gap but it'll be stronger if you figure out a way to fill the gap with wood, and then use wood filler to reinforce the joint.

Don't know if they'll help you, but here are the pictures I took at this stage in the building process.

I kept the scraps from popping out all the pieces and went and grabbed a smaller one. It is a perfect fit. I just need to trim down the edge so it doesn't stick out. It fills it perfectly! Thanks for the suggestion!

Now I just need to find a way to dress up the stairs some. Maybe just put a flat piece along the back so it doesn't show like a ladder. I am putting it in the kitchen area and putting cabinets underneath but I would like it to look less like a ladder and more like stairs.

Thanks so much for the suggestion on filling the gap! I will keep that in mind as I finish the build.

Kimberly, putting the piece of wood/ foamcore/ chipboard across the back of your wtairs is a great idea. You could, if you're up to it, add a foamcore wall below the stairs' outer stringer, put a door in it and make an under-stairs utility closet or half bath/ lavatory.

I managed to fill in the main section that was not fitted right. I am going to use the same methods to fill in the remainder of the gaps in the house. She is really starting to fill out nicely and look like a house. I am enjoying completing different problems and watching her come together so well. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I am SO glad I found this forum. I would be frustrated and lost by now and probably have a partially built house in the garage.