Please Lord don't let us go back to PetSmart tomorrow...

bookmarm

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scamp scamp scamp!

The little boy is naughty bad. Gotta keep check and put him in line.. Hate to do it, but we don't tolerate bad manners. He has challenges, but folks need to deal with HIM in the coming years, so he needs borders.

Love him!

just opened 4 cans of cat-mush to distribute to the masses. Gosh, this will bankrupt us!

Need to find employment for these monkeys! Do you think I could teach them to paint...or type? Sing in harmony?

just opened 4 cans of cat-mush to distribute to the masses. Gosh, this will bankrupt us!

Need to find employment for these monkeys! Do you think I could teach them to paint...or type? Sing in harmony?

Sorry Gayle, you don't teach them, they teach you!! (But you knew that already!! :wave: )

Aw, man I just read this whole thread - I didn't need to be teary-eyed this morning! I'm so glad you adopted him! it's nice there are places who don't consider the disabled pets a lost cause. I hope he adapts smoothly... I used to go to a horse camp when I was a preteen and the horse I had one year was blind in one eye and had the best disposition.... he name was Blue Moon because of the cloudy blue eye, what a sweetheart he was!

Thank you for sharing him ewith us, I had a sneaky suspicion that he would soon get "presented" to the world LOL

Hope he settles in smoothly

Hugs

Congratulations!! You got yourself a beauty!!Welcome to Ray!!!!! OK,other kitties be nice! Sometimes animals don't understand disabilities in other animals but I think that

this will be a happy home for all!! :wave:

he is a complete 'love sponge'! This morning he ate a big breakfast, then had quality time in his litter box (which he found on his own). He has big feet, big purr, and a nice belly. He looks like he will be a very big guy someday! His favorite snooze spot is up in DS2's computer chair.

Gotta make a check up appt for him with our vet so we can get him on the schedule. All the girls and Bill have appts on a day in August. We will taken them in shifts

Love the update . . . that little fella sure seems to have made himself at home right away! I find that when they have special needs or have been through a lot, they appreciate their home in a very noticeable way. Even though mine are all adults, they have never lost that gratitude and joy. It humbles me to see how much they appreciate having a home. By the way . . . tell that Sugar Daddy of 29 years that he did VERY well on that bracelet! What a beauty! If I had ever had husbands that were so nice, I would have actually kept one of them!

• 2 weeks later...

okay, he's a brat! He got a clean bill of health and so is free and loose to terrorize the big sisters! They want him sent back!

Still hoping the cortisone drops will help his eyes a bit, but he has no (NO!) problem finding trouble!

post-2290-1249761912_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1249761926_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1249761948_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1249761968_thumb.jpg

love him/paddle him/squeeze him/feed him...all day. He has grown quite a lot! I had worried about stairs (our house is four levels...tall and skinny), but he has no trouble negotiating them. We have him plenty of crinkly noisy toys to play with.

Pardon the second photo. Only mad dogs and English folk mow the lawn at noon in August in SC...I was dripping!

aww, we love him...course KY isn't TOO far a drive to bring him to you (LOL)!

The whole herd gets hauled to the vet monday for annual visit. We have a complete block of time between 9:15-11:30 with our favorite doc. I'm hoping she gives us a group discount (I think they do, but can't remember last year's tot).

Maisie was Ray's bedmate last night, but when I opened the bedroom door this morning she shot out like a bullet! Probably spent the night hissing at him under the bed. She is the most tolerant and is fascinated by all the newcomers, but even she has limits with a rambunctious kitten!

Awwww,, he is so CUTE!!! Looks like he's adapting well to his new surroundings. I hope all goes well at the vets. Our 4 are due for their annual checkup, too...

shhhhh...mention "vet" and Cassie goes into hiding, and when grabbed, turns into a banshee!! :yes:

post-35-1249765851_thumb.jpg

So nice to hear that he's doing so well. I guess they are young, they adapt quickly, which is a good thing.

And Ann, our doggy HATES the vet too - she turns to mush and then gets very snappy! She frets so much, we get house visits instead of going to the vet! Although last month she nearly died (we think it was a spider bite) and she had to spend the night at the vet clinic. Poor thing.

Your kitty is so cute. I hope the eye drops help. He seems to get around well from the pictures. I have four and know I couldn't get another. If I had the room I probably would. There are so many out there needing homes. I glad your kitty found you. :welcome: