Natalie's (my DD) first dollhouse--the Laurel!!

chattycathy66

I've taken a break from the BH to help my DD Natalie, who's almost 12, build a Laurel. She asked if I would be posting her pictures, and she was really excited when I told her that "of course I will"! She did all the sanding and most of the painting of the shell-I helped put it together--but she did all the work for the windows, shutters, and window boxes. The stairs were uneven, so I had to sand some parts and help with the building. All in all, she is very excited about the work she's done.

I'm adding some pictures(to my gallery) of the tile floors we worked on--they still need grout, but Natalie really likes them--of course, she got tired of the pattern she chose for what will be the huge bathroom and moved on to the kitchen/dining area...so "Mom" (me) came through to finish it...

I can't leave out DD Cammie--she wanted to work on a Travel Trailer--now she mostly just wants to move around furniture and accessories and pose her Kelly (barbie's little sister) dolls in there. She put the first coats of paint on, so there're a little uneven--but it was supposed to be hers, so I just left it. She likes it and that's what matters. The story behind it is about a little girl who spends summers at her grandparents (on a farm)--they have converted their old travel trailer into a vibrant girls' club house. We might change the flooring since it is taking a little different turn now...with allll the tie dye and purple!

Looks like my BH is going to have to wait a bit longer to be finished---I hate to have so many undone projects! Hopefully, if Natalie wants to build a second house, she'll be able to do more of it herself--I've got an impatient resident of the Tennyson waiting for her home to be built,lol

post-1675-1248022562_thumb.jpg

post-1675-1248022573_thumb.jpg

post-1675-1248022592_thumb.jpg

post-1675-1248022605_thumb.jpg

I gather that's Natalie peeking through the windows. What a sweet face! And she looks justifiably proud. When will she be joining the Forum? Cammie's TT looks just like what a little girl would love. Bonding with your daughters takes precedence over the BH build; the BH will still be there for you long after Natalie & Cammie are grown & off building dhs with their daughters.

Thanks Holly--Natalie will be 12 next month, maybe in a few years ...(is there an age requirement)

You are right, the BH will be there (actually it was "for them",lol wink wink) Sometimes she gets really frustrated and I have to remind her it's just for fun--if you're that frustrated you need a break....She picked all the wallpaper/scrap book paper and I was trying to help her hang it, but she wanted to watch--maybe when it's time to build the attic, she'll do that--there's much more room in there...(I have to agree, she is cute--sometimes I glance at her sideways, and I get a glimpse of what she'll look like in a few years...better lock her up now ,lol

Yes, Monica, I love it--the roof warped a bit in one area, but it's hard to tell with all that purple,lol. I might get one for myself...one day....

Deana, you mean it gets worse,lol...j/k...I know I"m in for it! I know things will change as they get older( I hope), but now they "hate" each other...I never had a sister and I thought it would be so neat if I had girls (I have a son too, but no brother for him...) They are growing up fast!

Thanks Wolfie, I'm hoping it turns out good :rofl:

Natalie will be 12 next month, maybe in a few years ...(is there an age requirement)
Not to belong to this forum, just the love & desire to build dhs/ make miniatures. I don't think Rachel Topps is 12 yet.

• 3 weeks later...