Talking to dh

amyole

Yep, two-way conversations with your houses are a good thing..... Unless you're arguing!

I spent most of yesterday arguing with the teddy bear shop I'm working on. The exterior is painted in a pale mauve with antique ivory trim. The interior walls are painted antique ivory and the wood flooring is done in dark chestnut. So I planned to stain the door of the shop in dark chestnut. And that's where the argument started.

Me: "You will look absolutely perfect with a front door stained to match the interior floors"

Shop: "No I won't. The door should be painted"

Me: "No, paint will look all wrong - you only have two colors on the exterior - I don't want to throw a third color into the mix"

Shop: "If you stain me I'll look stupid"

Me: "Don't be silly, you will look elegant. Now shut up while I stain the door"

Shop: "You'll be sorry..."

Hours later, looking at the stained front door:

Me: "Wow, this looks really awful, not what I had pictured at all"

Shop: "I told you"

Me: "Shut up, I'll paint you tomorrow"

Shop: "Now can we talk about that stained bookcase you plan to put inside?"

:)

Guess I should be glad that I listened to my Glencroft (my first dh) and now all the other ones, even those I don't have yet but want to get, are quietly starting to talk and decide how they want to be incorporated into my small town! This town is going to take years to build, I think!

Yes, when the houses get to talking to you, they do have a mind of their own, and you'd best pay attention! My Brimble Mercantile was to be a bookstore/library. It looks really nice as a bar with gentleman's quarters upstairs... :)

Isn't it funny how we "humanize" our DH's?! My BH and I are still having arguments over the curtins/drapes/festoons and pelmet in the dining room. I wantpale green silk with cream picot trim and it is insisting on cream silk with pale green picot trim.....and you know I think the house is winning!

Primrose told me yesterday that wallpaper would make her walls itch. She wanted paint, not the craft kind which would give her a rash, but real house paint, specifically the custom-mixed off-white hiding behind several other quarts on the Reject Shelf. The sounds she made as I brushed on the paint were positively indecent.

It's not a problem until someone hears only your part of the conversation. Especially if you are laying in bed, talking to the house in the corner of the room, at night when DH is around. :rofl:

LOL, been there done that! But these days DH knows the topics as well and often offers a thought or two as well in the chatter back and forth :)

Hugs

Ya, my DH "hears" them too, especially if I'm bugging him when he's watching t.v. LOL He'll say: Shhh, listen, "I hear the Gloucester calling, she's upset, 'cause you haven't sanded her stairs yet", "AND SHE DOESN'T LIKE THE FLOORING YOU PICKED OUT FOR HER KITCHEN EITHER!" ....(SHE DIDN'T TELL ME, THAT! WE'LL HAVE TO DISCUSS IT, ONE ON ONE) as he cups his ear in his hand, LOL or he'll make up some bedtime story about the folks living in the Strawberry or BH, and what they are saying or doing. It's fun, that he joins in my nuttiness!

Last night after fiddling around with my Tudor-y Sugarplum and slapping on some more shingles,I decided to watch some TV.All of a sudden I heard a voice: "hey,LLyn! I need

a door upstairs" I knew exactly where the voice came from.My Spring Fling '09-The

Vicarage- has decided it needs a little porch off the upstairs bedroom.Well, I got out

my new little saw,(from my new little kit) and sawed an area for a door.The door and some of the sides to the porch will probably be cardboard but I think it will be cute.I

have stone flooring to use and I'll get a bench and some plants and my Vicar will be thrilled.And yes, I'll send pix when I have more than a lovely opening in a wall to show.

LOL! ;) I tell you I heard that voice loud and clear......