Cape Cod Beach Cottage

susanklein

I know we are all busy with summer crazyness! But if you have time, take a look at my Cape Cod Beach Cottage in my gallery. I made everything from scratch except the grill, the silverware, and the flag. I had friends who go to the Cape every summer help me out with extra Cape Cod touches. And I ordered a copy of the Cape Cod Times so I could miniaturize the paper and throw a few pages around. Reading is essential on vacation, I think. I used to spend part of every summer growing up on the Cape. But our cottages were usually pretty messy with the five kids!

Thanks -

Susan

Susan, just had a wonderful photo looking session and loved it all! Made me remember a lot from when way bach when I visited with my relatives in New Hampshire...

Hugs and thanks for sharing!!!

It is Beautiful!!

I'm packing now...I see my place is set at the table and my Oysters are still warm...Something someone from Alaska can Enjoy!!

You've done a Fantastic job! Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks for such nice comments. Rhonda, you may have seen this on Etsy because I just put it up for sale. After all the materials and time, I am broke!! Of course, I would rather just keep it but I don't have any place to put it anyways! And most likely, that will be the case but I had to show my husband I was trying ... If you saw it anywhere else, I would certainly like to know! I thought it was completely "out of my head!"

Thanks for such nice comments. Rhonda, you may have seen this on Etsy because I just put it up for sale. After all the materials and time, I am broke!! Of course, I would rather just keep it but I don't have any place to put it anyways! And most likely, that will be the case but I had to show my husband I was trying ... If you saw it anywhere else, I would certainly like to know! I thought it was completely "out of my head!"

Aha! The mystery is solved! I cruise Etsy (and Ebay) all the time. I just KNEW I had seen it, because I loved it and thought is was exceptional. It's a shame we all have to count our pennies, isn't it . . . because it would be fun to be able to buy, make and KEEP all the minis we want to!

By the way, of course it was out of your head . . . that little gem is much too unique and beautifully crafted to be a copycat version of anything!

Just moved from the Cape, still miss the smell of the ocean in the morning. Still have a bucket of sand from there. You probably need just one more thing--a bag from Christmas Tree Shops, no trip to the Cape is complete without a visit there! :welcome:

I LOVE your beach cottage! I've been gathering things for my beach cottage. I have the kit that needs to be put together...now I just need time and space!

Its so fun looking through your little cottage, I've been looking for pictures of mini beach cottages forever.

Thank you all for being so nice. I just got back from a trip to Buffalo, NY where it was rainy and cold and I had to watch five baseball games (my son). It was nice to return home to see such nice comments. I do, however, head to South Carolina in a few weeks so I will be happy to be warm for a bit (It isn't that warm in CT lately, either!). Hope you all get a chance to hang out at a beach this summer!