Co-workers from h_ _ _

chattycathy66

I know there's one at everyones job...but in the 18 years I've worked on my unit, I've never met someone like this! Maybe that means I'm lucky to have gone 16 yrs without a really irritating person,lol. I pretty irritated right now--even though I am on medical leave, because it's only 2-3 weeks, I am still doing the schedules--just easier for me to do it than try to train someone else to write 1 schedule. The other shift supervisor is jumping in where it's not needed. She took it upon herself for scheduling one of our new grads to go to a certification class this week---my manager and I had discussed it before I left and decided the new nurse would go next month. This is very stupid to be irritated on my part, but this is just one thing in a long line of stuff.

Normally I would go to a person and talk over a situation like this, but the last time I talked to this person, she made a huge deal of it and came out looking like a rose. I decided to just let the manager deal with this... somedays I feel like I"m back in high school,lol

I've had co-workers like that, we all have. And it's still really annoying. About the only thing you can do is wait for them to trip themselves up. And if they don't, and including until they do, leave the job behind as much as possible when you go home. And pray she doesn't do anything to harm patients. Even accidentally.

Fred has a co-worker like that. She does his job during the day. She and a couple nurses were trying to get Fred in trouble. We cannot figure out if they do not like him because he is a man or for another reason. Anyway, it does not matter. The management, head nurses, and the head doctor have got her number.

It will only be a matter of time until she really flubs up...they are just waiting. She is walking a tightrope of her own design.

Worked for many years for many different companies. And believe me there is one in every crowd! Born troublemakers who love to make other people - especially co-workers - lives a living he^^. Office politics are cruel and it takes a strong person to continue to work in a poor situation. But with the job market the way it is, what choice to you have but to bite the bullet and grin and bear it. This is not a good time to be without a job.

I agree...the higher up on the 'ladder" you climb, the bigger the fall....Worse thing is, I used to like this girl--we have quite a bit in common...but then she started trying to get my friends in trouble, and "stole" the job of the other shift supervisor...I tried not to let it bother me when she began calling the "shift supervisor office, her office....and filled it with her personal effects--but yesterday was when I really got upset.

I also agree that she will "cut her own throat"---sorry, that's the only phrase I can think of at the time....people know she's a fake, and that she really doesn't know as much as she pretends to know. The worst thing is, she make a huge error that could have been a huge legal thing, saying that it was policy to do something that must have a Dr. order. She interprets heart rhythm strips all the time...and maybe the worst thing is that she flirts shamelessly with Doctors!

I have really loved my job--other than the little irritating stuff that goes on--until she came here. I have been here long before her, and will be there as long as I want after she leaves. The best thing that can happen is that she'll climb her scanky little butt up the management ladder, and leave us all alone...lol...sorry, just venting--now I feel better! lol

I just figure if you give a person enough rope, they'll hang themselves... I did laugh though, and "zipped my lip" when one of the House Supervisors came to the unit one night and started going on and on asking "how did she get that supervisor job",lol Oh well, what goes around, comes around....

You'll all have a hearty laugh over this when she's gone. I know, I've worked with "one of those", too. Ours got canned when her inmate BF got shipped off to another institution and the officer she was cheating on her hubby with found out about them.

Oh, in retrospect they're hilarious, but when you're working in a medium-security correctional facility (state prison) and you need the officers at your back having a nurse like that puts everybody else in real danger!

lol, isn't it crazy! How come so many nurses allow themselves to be manipulated by these inmates!! Poor self-esteem??lol My mom worked at Indiana State Prison for about 15 years--she used to tell stories about these crazy nurses and how they'd traffic for the inmates--one inmate got a cell phone on which the nurse had taken provocative pictures of herself. The inmate started showing others and when he got caught with the phone, she got fired.

I suspect that's part of why the inmates are there... As for other work situations with trouble-making coworkers, as has been said there are just some people who don't feel important to themselves if they aren't making someone else's life miserable; it's often a dynamic they aren't even aware of.

You gotta love Holly's stories! They are fabulous! But seriously folks working in the medical field is an area of high stress but high comedy sometimes too. My last job was psychiatric transcriptionest for a mental health facility - the manager of our "department" was a real warrier. 45 years old, menapausal, split personality....she ruled the roost and kicked all of us daily. I usally had my headphones on and would be typing furiously away - hey, when you get 10 or more tapes a day to transcribe you don't have much time to gab - and she would come over the yell at me. Sometimes I heard her, sometimes I didn't. So she would grab my earphones off my head and scream. Many people in our department cried on a daily basis. She was finally fired - though she worked there for 25 or so years and her parents had donated the land on which the facility was built. A new person turned her in. None of us would do it. She was such a joy to work for, but we just couldn't turn her in. Besides she was protected by the general manager. Well the new person went above the general manager and our boss is now living in Las Vegan - unemployed now for three years! LOL