Hello all

Hello all,

I have just invested in my first house that is to be a gift for my mom. I have already received so much great advice on this page, I am just so thrilled. I am a bit nervous, but getting more excited and confident all the time. I just want it to be perfect for her. But, I know she will love it no matter what.

I'm not sure what people are including in these intros but here's a little about me. I am living in Manhattan and working as a labor and delivery nurse in the city. I love music, nature, and travel (obviously the latter two must come together since I'm living in NYC.) I start acupuncture school in the fall, and am very excited to be on that path. Nurisng is great, but I need a change. I feel like I'm writting a personals add, so I'm going to stop here.

I look forward to our conversations.

Jillian :lol:

Hi Jillian and welcome to the world of miniatures :lol:

I've had friends who worked as nurses and as rewarding as the job can be I know it can also get pretty stressful - Miniatures is a great way to unwind and destress. I hope you'll enjoy working with them as much as we do. I know your mother will love the house you're building for her and if you have any questions or doubts I know someone on the forum will have an answer for you :lol:

Welcome aboard!

-David :D

Welcome! I'm pretty new myself. The people here are great, and what a talented group they are! Everyone is always ready to help out answering questions and helping each other solve problems. I think you'll like it here :lol:.

Hi and welcome! what a neat house to do for your mom! I recently purchased the kit as well, although i am just hoarding it at the moment and probably won't get to it until next spring :lol: ;)

Can't wait to see pictures of your progress.

I used to work as a labor and delivery nurse. :D It can be so rewarding, but so very stressful. I did it straight out of nursing school for almost 2 years. I look back on that time with great memories and great experiences. I know that i would never do it again tho, it was also very scary and stressful at times!

Show us pictures!!!!!!!!! Margarita

Welcome, Jillian, I waited until I was 50 to attend nursing school, and then I did respiratory nursing for a year & decided I liked the patients but not the hospital, so followed urgings of a family friend & did correctional nursing in a nearby state prison for a year to go back to work with the state. This time I was unable to feel therapeutic toward my patients and ASAP I went with the local health department as a PHN and did elementary school nursing (except for over two years doing psych nursing at FL State Hospital, which was GREAT, but the school health program at the Health Dept made me an unrefusable offer) until I retired two years ago. Meanwhile during nursing school I discovered miniatures building a house for DGD.

Welcome, ask questions PRN and share pictures of your handiwork.

Welcome Jillian!

You have a tough job! My hubby is a NSA in a NICU here in CT. I totally get the needing a change of pace. The dh can give you a mind distraction from your job.

Glad to see you found us!