I want to create a whimsical house....

Kitten

I don't know what it is, but sometimes ideas for houses just come to me out of nowhere.

I really want to do a whimsical house...maybe do it in bright colors so it looks really playful and fun. I was thinking that I could create mini scenes within the house to represent a variety of fairytales, nursery rhymes and the sort. Then the ideas REALLY started flowing and getting a little strange because I even thought about doing one room of the house upside down...like putting the stuff that belongs on the floor on the ceiling and vice versa.

I'm going to give it a go, but I'm trying to think of the perfect house to get for it....maybe a Pierce? It has to be a decent size for all of the ideas I have.

So what do ya think?

That's what I did with my fairy tale castle. It's the most fun I ever had. Each of the 11 scenes are a different fairy tale. Go for it! I guarantee that you will have a ball. I like the upside down room idea! :)

What a cool idea, especially the upsidedown room one! But why limit yourself to a single house? Perhaps you could bash together a few of the smaller houses for even more whimsy. Monica wants to do the Weasleys' house, perhaps some of those ideas would work for you, too.

That's a cool idea! I did the Washington 2.0 up to look like a toy. It has 3 different colors of shingles (some are pink) and they look like plastic, 'cause they are painted shiny. Miniaturing is all about fun, fun, fun, carry on with the idea! Guess you'll have to decide how many rooms you need, then see which house has that many, or bash small houses like Primrose together, as suggested. Can't wait to see this build. I like unusual, original stuff!

I think this is a great idea and very unique. Im with everyone else and say go for it! The Pierce really has that sort of fairy tale, whimsical look on the exterior so it could be a great choice. You just have to decide if an L shaped house would be less conveniant to decorate on the interior that a regular one.

I love whimsical....if I could live in a RL house full of McKenzie-Childs things I would be oh so happy....I have seen a dollhouse somewhere that is furnished with handmade McKenzie-Childs type furniture....It was just too cute.....

Thanks all!

I'm going to go for it just to see what I can come up with. I think that if it comes out the way that I envision, I may donate it to the Children's Hospital here in Denver. We'll see though..I might fall in love with it and want to keep it.

I think I'll use the Pierce because it looks so fairy-tale'ish (new word) on the exterior. This project is going to really make me think out of the box, but I'm up for the challenge.

love this idea too...maybe ruby slippers poking out from underneath it too :p

Oooh Linda...LOVE this idea!

*scribbling notes like a mad woman*