My daughter is building a Laurel

chattycathy66

Since I've been off work after surgery, I've had time to work on my BH, and since it's definately coming along, my girls have taken a real interest! My 11 yr old (she'll be 12 in Aug.) decided on a Laurel--she is doing all the sanding and painting--she finally got to put together the windows today--she was very excited :D She even said this will be a good project to keep her away from the TV and computer! lol

My 9 yr old decided she wanted to do something too...so wanted the RTG barn at first--but it's a bit pricey if I"m not sure it's something she's going to continue, so our Elicia helped us with a Travel Trailer. (Thanks :D She's so excited! She didn't even mind sanding tonite ...

I'm really happy I have some budding miniaturists that I will be able to leave my houses with someday :roflmao:

What luck that the girls are interested!! The most fun I ever have are when my son and daughter help out with my builds! It's a wonderful feeling, and such a superb way to spend quality time doing things together.

Lots of mini-ing going on with the mini-miniers...

Natalie is doing well with the Laurel--actually great because there's so much "prep" work before the actual building of the house--she's done windows/trim, flowerboxes, porch step, stairs...and hasn't given up. She's done so much of it herself too! Here's the baywindow--I helped her with the initial window attached to the base and top--she did the rest. Of course, the seams between the windows could have been a little smoother...but I didn't want to criticize because I thought she did a great job for a 11 yr old (well almost 12)--she will become more of a "perfectionist" as she gets older, I know :p,lol.

And Cammie has been working on the Travel Trailer--she's just 9, so I've done most of the building, but she's done the punching out, sanding and initial painting--I've done the touch up painting best I could--I let her do what she could do--one day, if she continues with minis she'll look back at this, and see how much better she's become--hopefully :) Either way, it's been fun working together --and I'm really happy they're having fun too ! Btw--the travel trailer is a girls club house --her main character is a little girl who spends summers at her grandparents farm, and they've restored this vintage trailer for her and her friends... the "wallpaper" is felt squares from Hobby Lobby--what a deal, they were 50 cents each and 40 % off!

post-1675-1245605019_thumb.jpg

post-1675-1245605191_thumb.jpg

post-1675-1245605204_thumb.jpg

That's so cool! My "new" DIL has the Arthur & the McKinley I built, and she is very much into furnishing them and letting her niece play with the Arthur (with supervision after the little darling demolished the seashell bath fixtures...).