new and insa

:blink: Hello, I am GailAnn and I am in Texas. I am new at building dollhouses. Growing up my favorite thing to play with was my dollhouse, it was made of metal, that should tell you my general age. I can still picture just where it sat in my bedroom. I did have several dollhouses and wish that I still did had them.

I have just purchased the Pierce for my granddaughter, she will be 7 in August. It was delivered last week and I think that I have lost my mind. All of the little pieces. The information that came with it says there is alot of help on this website. I certainly do hope so. I hear that there is a group that I can get with that is working on this house. That would be helpful I think. My granddaughter and I will work on this together, I will put it in my sewing room. I am an avid quilter and I do work. Hopefully I will be able to retire in about 2 years and will be able to work on my many many projects. Now you'll really will know how old I am. I guess I will have to look at this project as a 3 dimensional quilt. I was afraid that when my granddaughter saw that it was in the box and not yet put together that she would be disappointed, but she was very thrilled and thinks it is going to be great fun. I also putchased a book that instructs you on how to make the dolls. I would like to do this also.

I am new at posting to websited in this sort of setting, I don't understand just how blogs and such work but I will get use to it soon I am sure.

Excited about getting started and looking forward to talking with everyone and becomming familiar with this community...you'll have a good day. Gail in Texas

GailAnn -

Welcome. I was new to sites and blogs and stuff like that just last Fall when I joined this site. It took me quite a while to find my way around. But I found the inspiration, knowledge and support that I needed right here. We also have developed friendships and have quite a bit of fun.

Please take lots of photos as you build, and ask any question. There's always someone here that will have the answer that you need.

-Susanne

Welcome to our Miniature Community!!

I have just purchased the Pierce for my granddaughter, she will be 7 in August.

What a WONDERFUL house to build with her!! Don't be afraid of the many little pieces. Read the instructions several times and then follow the instructions. If there is a change you would like to make don't be afraid to do. You have all of us here willing to help you both along the way. This is a fun project and one that you both will cherish for many years.

You are building more than a house. You are building Memories together too!!

There are several people building this house right now and some who have completed it now too. Have you picked out colors yet?

thanks for the enchourging words. We have not picked out our colors yet, but I am sure that it will have pink in it somewhere. I like peach myself, but we will have to look at some of the Pierce houses that have been compleated first. I really can't wait to get started. GailAnn

thanks for the enchourging words. We have not picked out our colors yet, but I am sure that it will have pink in it somewhere. I like peach myself, but we will have to look at some of the Pierce houses that have been compleated first. I really can't wait to get started. GailAnn

For me a house can never have enough pink. I love that colour. How wonderful to build this house with and for your granddaughter. This will be so special. Please share some of the stories as you build.

-Susanne

I love pink. My Husband Darrell and I build many houses together. We came to a reluctant agreement that we will not have any pink houses. I am currently building a pink house ( Arthur) that will be a gift to a friend.

I am sure you are going to get a lot of help and advise here.

Melissa

Welcome, Gail Ann, I hope one day to build a Pierce :blink: The last BIG house I built was a Dura-Craft Cambridge, although I have a McKinley started. (The first house I ever built was a Dura-Craft San Franciscan for our DGD, who graduates high school this year.)

Hopefully I will be able to retire in about 2 years and will be able to work on my many many projects.

DH & I retired two years ago and I looked forward to having more time to play with my minis, but he likes to play with bikes & boats, and so do I. I did begin making furniture before we retired & since then I've begun making dolls, I just started making food this week to landscape my Coventry Cottage with a veggie garden.

I have just purchased the Pierce for my granddaughter, she will be 7 in August. It was delivered last week and I think that I have lost my mind. All of the little pieces. The information that came with it says there is alot of help on this website. I certainly do hope so. I hear that there is a group that I can get with that is working on this house. That would be helpful I think. My granddaughter and I will work on this together, I will put it in my sewing room. I am an avid quilter and I do work. Hopefully I will be able to retire in about 2 years and will be able to work on my many many projects. Now you'll really will know how old I am. I guess I will have to look at this project as a 3 dimensional quilt.

Hello GailAnn and welcome to the forum! You're going to absolutely *love* the Pierce! Don't panic over all the little pieces. If you can quilt, you can build this house, and when you say that you see it as a 3 dimensional quilt, you're exactly right! I'm a quilter too and the Pierce was only the second house I built. There are a lot of similar concepts so you're going to be just fine. Wanna know the best part? It's lots easier to piece together wood than to get points of a quilt to match up! :lol:

If it will help any, I've got pictures of my Pierce both completed and a full album of pictures of it being built. The "in progress" pictures are at http://community.webshots.com/album/487298026YhConX and the completed pics are at http://www.debsminis.com/pierce/pierce.htm If there's something you want to see that's not in the albums, let me know. I've probably got pictures of most parts in my folders somewhere.

Of the houses I've built, the Pierce is the one I enjoyed the most. Take your time and have fun with it and it will be a memory you and your granddaughter will cherish forever. There's lots of help here so if you have questions or just need moral support, we're here for you.

Deb

Welcome!

I'm going to be doing a Pierce soon, too! I am butchering mine though and turning it into a castle. I am anxious to start it. It looks to be quite challenging.

Good luck on yours! Can't wait to hear of your progress! :lol:

Weclcome GailAnn!!!

I had one of those metal doolhouses too!!!

Actually just threw it away a few years ago. It had seen much better days. I guess we are getting old. Ha Ha.

SuzyQ

Welcome to our Miniature Community!!

What a WONDERFUL house to build with her!! Don't be afraid of the many little pieces. Read the instructions several times and then follow the instructions. If there is a change you would like to make don't be afraid to do. You have all of us here willing to help you both along the way. This is a fun project and one that you both will cherish for many years.

You are building more than a house. You are building Memories together too!!

There are several people building this house right now and some who have completed it now too. Have you picked out colors yet?

Nice to meet you Gail!

I came in here after purchasing a dh kit on ebay. Now I have acquired another house and a addiction. But it is a good addiction!

My youngest daugh.(12yr) is helping me with the houses. She decided that the Marquam Hill I am working on is hers. My oldest daug.(17yr) is helping me decide the colors.

It is becoming a family thing.

Take a deep breath and go at your own pace. When you get so frustrated you want to throw it out the window, walk away. That is what I learned in here.