It's finally finished!

chattycathy66

I started my micro BH last summer--I wasn't happy with how it was turning out (some of my painting didn't turn out too great) and I somehow lost the instructions for the dormer windows! Guess I just gave up...

I really hate leaving a project unfinished because chances are, I'll never work on it again...so...before I start the Tennyson or continue my HBS project, I thought I'd give the BH another try. I really didnt have that much more to do....I looked at the other 1/144 scale BHs, and figured out the windows...and finished everything else...and viola', it's done :)

Like I said, I think I could have done a better job...there's always a next time, I guess...but this one is going in the big BH--it's supposed to look like the larger one....

the best thing about finishing it though, is that now, I know how I want to paint the windows...I haven't worked on the big BH because I was really stuck on the colors, and how I was going to paint the different parts of the windows, shutters, dormers etc. That's a huge relief, because now I feel I can just move forward! Finally! I think I do know is that I'm going to color wash the shingles in dark gray colors, and I do know that I'm not going to paint the top of the dormer windows white..maybe the "pink" color--it's actually "ruby shade",lol, or the "wine" color.

Whew, what a relief :)

OMG its beautiful! Its so tiny and cute. I love when members share these tiny projects. They are all so pretty. I really love the colors you chose for it. It would look beautiful on a big BH. It makes me want to do another baby BH. Hope you dont mind if I borrow your color scheme though.... :)

Thanks! Thank goodness it's not as detailed as the big BH,lol. I had to pick up the tweezers a couple times :)

Sure you can borrow my color scheme,Gina! I have been eyeing a few of yours too, maybe we can trade :) lol

lol, Lynette, I built a micro Garfield last year because I know I'll never have room for a big one---until the kids leave and I take over one of their rooms,lol. Maybe in about 10 yrs....