A crazy thing happened in the middle of my class today...

chattycathy66

Ok, so here I am at my certification class today...supposed to be listening to the instructor--and Lilly Sweetbriar "calls" me to say that she no longer wants to wait and live in the Vineyard Cottage...she wants me to paint it a "wine" color...and have a little shop inside...she says, "no, I don't know what kind of shop to put in there...you're the builder,duh". She is tired of waiting for the cottage, she's been living upstairs in the Sweet Shop and it's been no bouquet of roses, she tells me. Sooo...get this, she wants to live in the Tennyson kit that's been sitting in my closet for a couple years...and she wants it soon!! She doesn't even care that I"m in the middle of my Gazebo hbs project...she sarcastically reminds me that it's not due til December....of course she wasnt' the one scrambling the night of May 25th, trying to sort through pictures and do little finishing touches on the Fling...

Anyhow, so I pulled out the tennyson and thought I"d take a peak at the instructions...she insists that I must do this next!!!! Guess I know what I have to do!(or she'll never be quiet!) I think I better listen to her, don't you think??

Anybody else have a bossy old woman telling you what to do ( sorry, I just mean in the world of minis :yes:

Soooo....I think I"m totally losing it...the waiting for the Fling contest gallery has driven me "batty"...lol

There has been a 5" witch named Tessie running my blog for a long time now. That's her to the left. She seems to know just how to get her way just about every day. My problem with her is she wants it ALL! And usually finds a way to get it! :yes:

You could make your Tennyson a flower shop downstairs, living quarters up, and use the gazebo as part of the flower shop, an eye catcher out front filled with outdoor, seasonal flowers and plants, draped to the gills with wisteria, trumpet lillies, clematis, whatever is smashing. I've been thinking of doing that myself, adding a gazebo type structure to the front of a house.

Julie and her son used to live with Bill and Myrtle for many years, in the Cranberry, until one day she demanded her own house, and husband! So I went shopping for a house...Ya it happened just that way. I also found 3 male dolls, before she accepted one as her mate, and this guy came with twin girls... No you're not crazy-they speak to me too! LOL GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT OR THEY'LL JUST CONTINUE TO TORMENT YOU!!

You know you'll never get any peace and quiet until you give in! :yes:

One problem with my mini estate is that I have to consider colors for all the houses before I can decide on a color for one. One house needs to be deep blue, one periwinkle, one aqua, and so forth - the problem is which one gets to be which color. The San Francisco is supposed to be the periwinkle one, but I'm worried about if I'll be able to get the bay windows installed and look decent - I've heard so many woes about those windows it has me quite intimidated!

Since finishing 'Fling, I know I need to work intensively on one of the rehabs. Until I get something done on those I can't justify starting another new build. I've been looking at the gazebo as a quick one to get out of my queue.

It's gotta be the heat!!

There are 5 houses I'm working on right now and not one of them will be quiet!!

I can only work on one at a time but they all seem to be relentless.

So I told myself it's just my imagination and that I must get my micheal's house finished first and then the buttercup and then the arthur and then ashley and then the aster cottage hopefully before christmas ( this was started way befor e christmas last year but I just ran out of time). So hopefully I'll get it done for this year.

I just finished putting lighting in the micheal's house and I have completed part of the interior trim and it's still yelling at me to hurry up!!

It's way too hot for that kind of attitude, and believe me he almost got an attitude adjustment. So I put his lights in and part of the trim, turned his lights off and said goodnight!

Tomorrow will do just fine.

Take care,

Dar

Isn't that funny, this is the only house that I have that has said that it is a "he" all the rest are "she's"

It's gotta be a "guy thing" ha ha

Good night all.

My houses sure talk to me, or at least four of them have so far. It all started with my Glencroft-bash. The house and I had decided on a time period of relatively recently - laptop and all that. Then, one day, it changed it's mind. Now it wants to be in the 1910-1915 era, so I have been trying to oblige. It also got all the other dh's to gang up against me and they all want to be part of the same small town called Blossom Corners. So, now I have to figure out the occupation of the inhabitants of each house and build accordingly. Oh, and they also insisted that they have a lighthouse nearby, so the setting seems to be turning out to be Prince Edward Island, Canada, during the time of the 'Anne of Green Gables' books by L.M. Montgomery, which would be a rural area, so no electricity and no bathrooms for most places. Talk about bossy houses!

Yep, I have bossy houses and occupants. Nanny Hazel being the loudest. She has recently quieted down however because her home is almost complete. Sometimes they just don't understand that we have real life things that gotta be done!

I think you guys are all wonderfully loonie!...can I play, too? :yes: This little string of posts is the first thing I saw when I signed on this morning and it made my day. I think based on the danger to mental health, I will try to finish one mini house at a time, so I don't have too many voices in my head at once! I have no dolls (yet?) so maybe that will help as well. Still...just because they haven't found physical form yet, I know the occupants are there...somewhere...oooh, spooooky...

Have a great day, all!

Cynthia

For me, I think it's just my "home owners" that speak to me...the houses are usually patient and quiet...Londyn Tipton who will own the BH and share it with her best friend Maddie, has been pretty quiet because her rich father has put her up in a penthouse suite at the Plaza Hotel...she's not that anxious to leave it now...she'll wait patiently for the BH.

The other "people" are in their boxes so I can't hear them complain, so I'm not worried-- Right now, it's just Lilly...and since I pulled out the Tennyson box, she is quietly waiting...for now....

Glad to hear I'm in good company :yes:

Dar, there are some "he" houses to keep your fella company. My Spring Fling aka 'Fling is a he, then there is Corwin's Sir Garfield. I know there are a few others out there. Most of mine are "she" houses, a few haven't spoken yet, including the Brookfield, Glencroft, and DC Farmhouse.

Cynthia, working on one house at a time won't stop the whispering, whimpering, nagging or shouts. Some of them will plaintively ask "what about me? I want to come out and play too! And I was peeking over your shoulder while you were on ebay, and really need that neat set you scrolled past... <gasp, sigh, sniff>" :music_band:

The problem is, when they start to cry - they may delaminate if they don't get what they want!

Oh my Deana, Horses?? That must be a pretty lively group! I'm sure all the "naying" could keep you awake nights,lol.

You won't believe this...yesterday afternoon,the BH actually spoke and said, what about me?? I just need windows and all the decorative stuff...I won't take too long....

Then Lilly piped up....and the tiny BH started yammering....and of course the HBS gazebo contest project....so...to make all happy, I'm just going to have to work on them all at once,lol.

I think the one thing that's really holding me up is the color scheme for the BH...the house is painted "ruby shade", which is actually a little more "pink" than it looked on the sample. My plan is to do the windows/shutters etc a combo of white and "wine" ---and maybe a smidge of charcoal in there...I just don't know the exact combp I want to use,and that's really the main reason I haven't worked on it...I keep thinking that I just need to start painting and just see what looks best...of course, there's allllll that sanding!! Yikes!

I did punch out the pieces of the Tennyson for the first couple steps...lots of sanding there too ....

like I said, I guess it'll just be a little here, a little there,lol

I have a lady in my own collection that wants to live in the Beacon Hill and she tells me it better be elegant or she will not step foot through the door. She even wants a basement! With a furnace!

Here is the lady.....she is such a stuck up witch! I need a name for her...... Ms. Noseintheair is what comes to mind!

Dar, there are some "he" houses to keep your fella company. My Spring Fling aka 'Fling is a he, then there is Corwin's Sir Garfield. I know there are a few others out there. Most of mine are "she" houses, a few haven't spoken yet, including the Brookfield, Glencroft, and DC Farmhouse.

Cynthia, working on one house at a time won't stop the whispering, whimpering, nagging or shouts. Some of them will plaintively ask "what about me? I want to come out and play too! And I was peeking over your shoulder while you were on ebay, and really need that neat set you scrolled past... <gasp, sigh, sniff>" :blink:

The problem is, when they start to cry - they may delaminate if they don't get what they want!

Yup garfeild is a young impresional boy. Hes growing like a weed! The house will tell you what it wants to be.

I got my first 'real' dollhouse when I was a teen. My highschool boyfriend found it on the side of the road and brought it home for me.

I LOVED that house, and I still do and I worked really hard fixing it up. I saved up enough money to buy a porcelain doll family (they all came together) from a local dollhouse shop.

The following Christmas, I received a new dollhouse (it's the blue Allison by Real Good Toys). The very minute I had that thing assembled, the doll family DEMANDED to be moved into it. Even though thier first house was cozy and cute, they wanted something more elegant.

That's really the only time it happened- ever since then when I get a house, I know exactly what kind of resident it will have and the resident is always satisifed with it.

I've got 16 dollhouses living with me and over 100 still in the box so it just gets really chatty around here sometimes. The Beacon Hill quite often pops up with a suggestion for an accessory or a new piece of furniture. She recently got a Bespaq table to go in her bedroom. I didn't mind that much because every piece of Bespaq I own is in that room and I liked the table.

Lady Emma of the Willowcrest recently said she wanted some female company so two new dolls have moved in with her. One of them is Dearest Bess and the other is a Duchess.

The sisters in the Pierce love the patio at C'est Si Bon so much that they're always there. While they've been gone, another young woman has moved into the Pierce and brought along a maid.

Maharet and Percutio are still fighting over who gets to keep Phil O'Dendron and it got so bad that I had to put them on a rotation schedule. The fairy took custody of him for a little while for her photoshoot but she gave him back.

Sarah Ann is asking for more critters to keep around the shop. Considering that she's the one who turned Great Grandpa into a frog and keeps him in a bird cage, I might place her request for more cats and a raccoon at the top of the list.

The Pierce has been quiet and patient for years because she knows she's my baby. I buy things for her on a regular basis so she gets lot of little pressies. But last week there was a soft voice that told me to sit down on the couch so we could talk.

The Pierce has nice furnishings and I've added more here and there. The kitchen has been upgraded and is very nice and I finally found the perfect bathroom set. The music room is perfect now that I found the harp I was looking for.But the room that Pierce wants to work on is the bedroom. She's right and it seriously needs an upgrade.

We picked out a bespaq bed that I'll be dressing later and making new drapes for the bedroom. We found a beautiful bespaq mirrored armoire to go in the room, a bombe nightstand, a vanity table and stool, and a bombe bureau with a matching mirror. They're lovely and she's quite happy with them. She's even paitent that it's going to take me time to dress the bed.

Now Eliza is a different story. Ah, Eliza. She keeps shifting residence from here to there. She likes the white orchid best because of it's monochromatic scheme and she really likes the BH. I get the feeling that she's going to take over the Tennyson when it's built. She's been eyeing the Pierce too. One of these days I know she'll pick out the house she wants for herself.

Deb