Dollhouse Realtors

TinyJudi

http://www.minishop.com/motts/shopexd.asp?id=75611

Speaking of expensive! Has anyone seen this? :)

Its a mansion for a mere $19,000!

Well, the dimensions of that house answer a question I was going to ask in a separate post. Would extending my daughter's Tudor base to 6' long (currently its 5') be too long?

As for the prices, my Victorian cost over $6,000 just for materials, so I'm not surprised by the prices at all. Lady Jane gets over $28,000 for greenhouses, so why not. You know a lot of work went into backlighting the outside of the windows in the Colonial. I know of several houses that sold for over $250,000. Despite being poorly built, they were old and filled with antique furnishings, so yes, there are collectors out there willing to shell out some money. Every project I work on is a labor of love, but don't have the room or money to build everything I want to, so I don't have a problem with selling them. I just haven't been able to find a buyer yet.

I think that a dollhouse realty service, is way cool....lol

The prices are very high but Ive always heard, all of my life, that dollhouses are extremely expensive. Most people, that arent into this hobby, believe they are quite a luxury to have. At least thats the feedback I always get from people. It doesnt feel like that to us because we build them.

That Harrison thats going for $6700, doesnt look like anything we cant build ourselves but thats what construction workers say about the real life houses we live in. If you have the knowledge of doing something, of course, its going to seem easy to do. The fact is that building takes time and a lot of effort and furnishing is expensive. Customer have to pay for all of that if your into this hobby to do business. All other businesses factor in all of their work and profits and minis shouldnt be any different.

Besides it is a realty service, offers are probably accepted...lol It might finally sell for 3 or 4 thousand instead.

At first look, I was very impressed with the Colonial, but then I looked closer. For that money (almost $30,000), the rooms should be larger and skip some of the other details, in my opinion.

What is the good of having a beautiful looking house with some rooms that are only 7 1/2 inches wide???!!!!

What kind of nice furniture can you display in those rooms? -- or even see properly?

Sorry, but as I said this is just my humble opinion. I don't understand the rational of this build considering that the craftmanship looks quite good.

I wonder what I should sell my Georgian for? -- Just kidding, I couldn't even part with it or any of my houses. There is so much family history with them. The houses and the little people that inhibit them have become family members.

Well, back to the bottom line, the Colonial is too expensive for rooms that are too small.

:)