Dollhouse Realtors

TinyJudi

Good morning gang! I was browsing my local craigslist and someone had this link in their ad for a dollhouse. Jeepers Realty is the name of the place. Grab your coffee or tea or whatever you like and prepare for some fantastic eye-candy. Hey, at least lookin' is free. :wub: Upon looking further I found one that is for sale in my town. A Greenleaf Harrison. Anyone have $6700 I can borrow? :)

Good morning gang! I was browsing my local craigslist and someone had this link in their ad for a dollhouse. Jeepers Realty is the name of the place. Grab your coffee or tea or whatever you like and prepare for some fantastic eye-candy. Hey, at least lookin' is free. :wub: Upon looking further I found one that is for sale in my town. A Greenleaf Harrison. Anyone have $6700 I can borrow? :)

If I'm right, this is a place very near me in either Mitchell, IN or Nashville, IN. The company is "Jeepers Miniatures". You can go online and check out their website. But, the website is nothing compared to the store - it is so awesome. :p This is the store that, years ago, got me interested in dollhouses and miniatures. They do have a realty company for their dollhouses where they sell built dollhouses. But from what I've seen, they are pretty high on some of them.

The Leakey Cauldron/Diagon Alley has actually come down in price a bit...I first saw it on E-bay yesterday. Flabbergasted at these prices. Do you get the feeling that sometimes Humans have no sense of reality??!! LOL :)

It's a bit creepy if you ask me. Beautiful houses, but are they for real on those prices???? How crazy is that? I figured if I were ever to sell my dollhouse, I'd be lucky to get 1/10 of that price- furnished! Who would have thought they had realtors for dollhouses? I wonder if there is anyone else out there. I think I will google and see!

Jeepers is a really nice mini store. I could drool for hours in there! It is the one in Nashville, IN. Its a little artsy tourist town with lots of cute antique and gift shops, b&bs, etc. The store is packed full of dollhouses of all kinds, and tons of mini accessories! I've seen the Diagon Alley in the store and it is stunning. I haven't seen how much they're asking for it, but it is really beautifully done.

Mapquest says there are two Nashville, Indianas, one NE of Indianapolis in Hancock County and one south of Indianapolis in Brown County.

I think "realtors" is just a marketing ploy, but a cute concept! Well, not so cute if you look at those pices! Good heavens! As much as I love minatures, even if I had that kind of money I'd think I'd find other uses for it.

For that price, it ought to come with a few acres(feet) of land! I agree though, there are houses here just as beautiful. And if I had that kind of money to spend on a hobby I'd spend it building and furnishing a huge one myself.

in a world full of $$$ bottled water/designer sunglasses/Starbucks coffee/and houses with bathrooms the size of tennis courts...who knows!? There probably is a buyer out there! Some people have more money than sense.

Personally, most of the pleasure (and pain, I'll admit) for me is creating something with my hands and imagination. Some folks just don't get this!

Sorry gang, but there are dollhouses on here that are far better than any of the ones I saw on that site. What makes them so special that they can charge so much?

OK, so if you default on your payments, how do they evict you? Pick up the house and carry it off on their shoulders? LOL

I guess it's a clever way to sell houses, I just can't imagine someone paying that much money for a collectable item. It was interesting to see the Harrison, I always like to see how someone else lays out the rooms.

I did note that they made the living room quite small to accommodate a larger kitchen in there....but I still think the dollhouse is very overpriced. But then what joy do you get in putting your heart and soul into making up a lovely dollhouse only to sell it off? We've had folks here who look at my dollhouse and say "when are you going to sell it." Sayeth I, NEVER!