tool talk: replacement blade for cutter?

bookmarm

does anyone have a 'Super Easy Cutter' (Midwest tools)? I love mine, but am searching for a replacement blade. I've been all over the internet and see no references to replacing the blades in this one. Yes, they have blades for the Easy Cutter and Ultimate Easy Cutter. I ordered one thinking it might be the same, but it looks too large.

Have you found a replacement blade for the 'Super'? It does come off, and we've tried sharpening it.

You could try emailing the company. I have emailed them before about replacing the blade on my EZ Cutter and they have woderful customer service. They may be able to help you out on finding a replacement blade for the super EZ cutter.

thanks Kathie

I'm thinking the Super Easy cutter, despite its name, might be a one shot deal. No mention anywhere on replacing the blades for it. I don't think I would have bought it w/o thinking they could be replaced at some point. Lesson learned.

Linda, they may call it another name in Oz. Gayle, somewhere there's a thread that includes the instructions from EZ Cutter for replacing the blade, and I seem to recall that a few of our members managed to replace the blade correctly without destroying the tool. Mine is sturdy & thick enough that I don't think I could bend it, anyhow. If you have the info, why not call the company and ask them how much to replace the blade for you?

I bought mine at Hobby Builders Supply, and it is the brand you mentioned. They sell the replacement blade for it (order #11270) for $9.59. When I bought my EZ Cutter, I showed it to my Dad (who has always had a massive workshop, and who is very particular about tools) and he liked it so much I was told that one would make a great Father's Day gift (hint, hint . . . I think). He actually said it is well-made, which is a HUGE endorsement for the tool. My Dad has the absolute best of everything in his shop. Also, he told me that any time mine gets dull, he'll be able to sharpen it for me. I love this tool so much that if I periodically need to buy the new blade, it won't be a big deal. For that matter, I think I would be willing to shell out the cost of a new EZ cutter once in a while if I actually had to - that is one awesome tool!

When I bought mine (nearly 10 years ago) I bought a replacement blade for it; God only knows where the blade is, but so far the original blade is still sharp and chopping/ slicing wood, good as ever.

thanks, all. I think the 'Super Easy' cutter might not have a replaceable blade available commercially. Yes, it can be removed to be sharpened, but that doesn't seem to fix the long term problem. The 'Easy' and the 'Ultimate Easy' seem to have blades that can be ordered. The super seems to be smaller than the easy/ultimate models.

Drat!