Discarded Spring Fling Ideas

Lynette Smith

I wanted to do a "unit" from one of the old Route 66 style hotels. There was one nearby when I lived in St. Louis called The Coral Court that was so cool looking (and known locally as the "no tell motel"). The fling style wouldn't have fit the Coral exactly, but you could've made something similar that would have been so neat.

I was going to do a barn, but I figured that would be a popular theme so I thought of another idea. It was an observatory! I was going to make the telescope out of the tall containers from the crystal light, and a small telescope. I looked in the gallery today and viola! Selkie did an observatory/planatarium. I was going to make the first floor an office and the second floor a balcony where the telescope came through the roof.

Selkie's came out really good, as did everyone elses!! I'm sorry I didn't have the time to enter this year, but I may still build the two kits I have and fulfill my ideas...if time allows.

So far I've seen three observatories and three or four windmills and two jukebaxes, and I've fallen into so much eyecandy overload that I'm going to have to wait for Dean's Contest Gallery to really appreciate all the entires and let them sink in!

I'm going to have to wait for Dean's Contest Gallery to really appreciate all the entires and let them sink in!

I just did a count of personal SF galleries and I get 44... which means there are only about 15 we haven't seen yet. Can't wait to see the mystery 15!!! :hug:

Stop,stop........I can't stand it!! I like the way your mind works. A Weasley Burrows

would be outrageous!!OO especially if it included the garden tent wedding scene..

pretty.Endless,endless,Monica. Do you sleep at all??LOL :hug: :) PS I'm still looking for

the right shop for Weasley's Joke Shop..and I can't get Grimmald St. out of my mind,

or the bus and now........sigh :(:(

LOL Llyn!

What about something like this for the joke shop?

I think in reality the joke shop had a flatter front but I've always loved this shop:

I "liberated" the pic from ebay :hug:

Yes, I really like to sleep....at least 8 hrs!

See the problem is all this comes to me while I'm awake. Um, can we say "divergent?"LOL

Hugs,

Monica

post-2364-1243605450_thumb.jpg

I think if Greenleaf ever rereleases the Taft General Store it would make a great kit for Weasleys' Joke Shop. The linked kit reminds me of the shop in one of Jean Nisbett's books.

I really really wanted to do a "stone" mill with "water" wheel--is that what you call it--I'm drawing a blank! I was going to use that builders foam stuff and carve out the channel for the wheel, and set the mill up a little higher....but I just couldn't get the "story" right... the greatest thing about it would have been that I have tons of pea gravel that would have worked great for the exterior and builders foam board in the garage. But when the Fling came, it just turned up it's nose ....

I had absolutely no other ideas....except for the saloon...which I really didn't have anything for,lol.

the other day I saw a building and thought "that" would have been a good idea....lol, funny thing is, I really can't even remember what it was,lol....the fling made me forget ....it was jealous :)