BH...almost finished!

bookmarm

Really nice, Gayle....looks a lot like the house next door to you.....for a minute I was thinking.....hmmm....is that another one? How long did it take you and will you be doing furniture etc. too? I just can't imagine doing anything that small....oh, can I beg an invite to the next meeting?

Elicia

LLonSSinSC

I put the upper windows in last night and they are very cute, so I'll get another pic. Still need to do the foundation and front steps. I had thought of doing the interior walls before I really got started, but got over that notion, They are white, but the floors are stained and finished. Hey, I'm just getting warmed up for making her BIG sister someday. I used the colors I was thinking of doing the big one in. I wanted to do a copper roof on the baby, but didn't have copper paint, so I gave it a light terracotta base paint then a very light wash of gold. A quick rub with some pale sage green gave it the weathered copper look I was hoping for.

Elicia, of course your'e invited to the next mini meeting! I'll check for sure, but I think June 14. Can't remember whose house, but we usually get a carpool going from our side of town.

absolutely finished! Tiny trim, steps, and foundation tweezered on with glue. Bitty bits of upper windows twiddled in.

...and sharper photos. She's been planted in the '1:144 suburb' residing in my kitchen desk cubbyholes.

Now I wish I had the space to start her BIG sister!

post-2290-1243552199_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1243552216_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1243552228_thumb.jpg

It's gorgeous! I love the aged roof!

Isn't the 1/144 scale just a lot of fun to work in! I made one when I made my Dollhouse Store and have another micro BH in the works. It's sitting on my desk patiently waiting to be finished, right next to my finished 1/144 Garfield.

LOL, Holly, I'm sure the Bespaq pieces would be the same price as the 1:12 or 1:24!

There are a few nice kits for the 1:144 furniture. Each piece is about $5. I think I have a tiny garden bench in a watch case in the desk cubbys,

a few nice kits for the 1:144 furniture. Each piece is about $5. I think I have a tiny garden bench in a watch case
I'd have that wee rascal out of its case & trying it out in your wee BH so fast it'd make your head spin!

Isn't it sweet?! In the first photo it looks like a little bug trying to run away!

It looks swell on the front porch, so that's where I have it now.

www.thegoldenloon.com has some really nice kits in most scales. The baby bench came from them.