How do you listen to your music?

Jokelly

How do you listen to your music?

I ask because I've joined the millions of other sheep and am now addicted to iTunes. I avoided it as long as humanly possible. I've had it on my computer for years, but ignored it. Usually I buy cds from Amazon because I like mostly unpopular music and it's hard to find in retail stores and then copy them to computer. Then I either put the cds in storage or ship them to the car to listen to while driving. I used to download music on my old computer but quit after getting viruses. When my computer died and I got a new one I quit.

My turning point for my iTunes obsession was American Idol. I hate to admit that I was glued this season. I'm not usually a fanatic of the show. I missed Season 1, loved Season 2, hated Season 3 so much I skipped Season 4 and most of Season 5. Then disliked Season 6. But last year's Season 7 I really liked and this year was fantastic. And the music was available legally exclusively on iTunes so I bit the bullet and jumped on board.

Now I have iTunes on constant play. I'm ashamed at the little feature that tells you how many times you've listened to a song. I'm a bit obsessive compulsive with music. I'll listen to the same artist over and over for months and then switch.

So how does everyone else listen to music? Do you still buy cds? Do you download? Listen to the radio online?

Hmm, let's see - I have all my CD's downloaded to my computer and then some are pirated from others, and then all my favorite songs from those are downloaded on my cellphone. I also listen to music on the TV now and then as Comcast has music "channels" that play virtually all genres of music by category. Mostly classic rock for me, and I love the Comcast channels at Christmastime - they have a "Sounds of the Season" channel that is so nice to have playing in the background when I am decorating the tree and such. Come to think of it, my stereo broke down a couple years back and I just never replaced it as I never "play" CD's anymore ;)

My son used to download from "who knows where" places, and the viruses just got so irritating that we nixed that :rofl:

Radio mostly, except for CD's in the van during long trips.

We have two iPod's and they have a combination of music from the CD's and from iTunes. One belongs to DS#1 and he is very often plugged into it when he is at home. The other one was mine, but I gave it to DD as I stopped using it when I no longer needed to go downtown on the city bus on a long and boring ride.

BTW, we all have CD players in our bedrooms, generally as a feature on the alarm clocks, which get used sometimes.

I listen to the radio in the car.

Fred and the girls use iTunes. Let me change that. I download for Fred and Natalie and they use iTunes. LOL I also have CDs in the car for when I am in the mood for something different.

In the car it is mostly radio and cds (when the radio gets bad). Chris listens to his ipod whenever he is out and about. At home, well hardly listen to music. Sometimes have a music channel on, but maybe once every 2-3 months. Youtube for specific songs we fancy listening to and don't have. Chris has itunes on his computer, so occasionally i ask him to download something for me, but again rarely. Music on my computer gets played when I'm tidying/cleaning, and that has been emassed from cds and downloads.

I use my computer with I-tunes that has a combination of stuff I ordered and cds while I mini or write. I also have an ipod for when I travel and use the music chanels available on satallite tv for housework or at night.

All of my CD's have been downloaded to my comp and into itunes. I put some of them into my ipod nano and use the ipod or Darrell's ipod touch. I also listen to the stereo to play the tons of LP's I have until I get a USB turntable and download the albums to the comp.

I have cds..listen to the radio,cassettes,Utube and itunes also. I got the teeniest

ipod shuffle for Christmas that has a 500 song capacity.So I'm set for a while. I also have 8-track cassettes somewhere,(I'm ashamed to say) but the 8-track player

blew up years ago.Hahahahahahaha!! Oh, we have satellite Sirius also.....

Satallite radio, cd's, youtube, iTunes, iPod and I have thousands of songs on my pc that I sometimes add to iTunes but more often make playlists and use windows media player with. I don't watch much tv so music keeps me company.

I have bought most of my music via amazon or straight from the artists web site but we own a ginormous cd collection so many have been ripped onto my pc. I buy audio books from audible but you can find free audio books from all over the web. Classics mostly.

I use YouTube a lot, too. I'm not quite an addict but it's so useful. I use it in the most dorky way. Besides listening to music on it, which I do a lot, I watch knitting tutorials. Yes, I said it was dorky.

I have a turntable, too. My neice and nephew used to be facinated by it because they didn't know what it was when I got it. I still listen to the old records, most of them inherited from family or bought at flea markets because my collection consists mostly of Mickey Mouse and the Smurfs. My poor stereo and turntable, though, sits on top of the vertical freezer in the kitchen and usually gets played when I listen to my Harry Potter audiobooks.

I'm off to download Adam Lambert music now on iTunes. I did Kris Allen the other day and have had it on constant rotation (LOVE! that he won, anyone who can make me like a Kanye West song is fantastic, but I like Adam, too). For those of you not watching, they were the finalists on American Idol. Sadly, I'm even beginning to like that craptastic coronation song.

I might have to break down and get an iPod. I download music to my Sony reader, but it takes a lot of memory and is harder on the battery than reading books.

Well, being the oldest wolf around here, I just listen to music using CD's, cassetts and 33 1/3 records. I don't have an I-pod or any of the more up to date gadgets..... I have three walkmans and even a cd walkman - those I use with the treadmill. I also have a boombox of sorts that I still use. Call me "out of date!"

Hubby and I just got iPods w/in the last year...he got an iTouch and I got my brother's old iPod...I still use a Discman sometimes, though, I've had it for five years and it still works wonderfully!

I like to listen to music on Pandora.com and Playlist.com, building my own radio stations are fun.

We use our DVD player to play some of our CD's, and we listen to CD's in our car, as well as the radio. [Classic Rock, mostly]

I like having lots of options. :)

Mostly I listen to music on the radio in the car. I do have an MP3 player that I used when I dragged myself to the gym. The treadmill is so boring. My only problem with using it, is I want to sing along and not everyone is appreciative of my singing!!!!!!